Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

A friend of mine is a coach at an academy (not Derby) and I was having a conversation with him a few weeks back and said when there's an unbelievable player in an academy do you hear about them? Like Bellingham for example. He said no, but he sees and hears things quite locally.

He said to me one player at Derby he's heard a lot about and seen once is Cruz Allen. Apparently we're expecting big things from him and he's meant to be head and shoulders above.

In regards to a striker, obviously we all know that the market is a joke. Yes we could maybe go foreign and see what's out there, but it comes with risks. I think we rate Brown highly and don't want to block his path into the first team and I also think that we will probably be able to get a better striker on loan than one we can afford.

Say we have £1-£2 million to spend. What kind of striker can we get for that? Not a great one I'd imagine.

We also do not know what Yates is like and how he will fit.

Some people seem to have turned their noses up at Woodrow and Smith. But both of those would get in our side over Collins. 

I agree re: Brown. 

I would rather us keep Brown and give him minutes and opportunities as opposed to bringing in some other youngster from a Premier League club, Nathan Fraser from Wolves for example, and spending time improving another club's asset over one of our own.

That being said, I can't say I came away from the Chesterfield game thinking Brown was ready. If anything I was surprised at how not ready he looked, considering the hype.

I think the target has to be someone who can guarantee you 10+ goals at this level, as much as you can guarantee anything. If that ends up being a Woodrow, Smith, Ladapo etc, then that's fine. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Allen was linked with clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Newcastle towards the end of last season. He had 7 goals and 6 assists in 16 U18 games last season. 3 goals in 612 U21 minutes when stepping up. Still only 17 too. A full season at U21 level followed by a couple of loan, then he should be first team ready. Dealing with the physicality would be his main area to work on.

The goal of the club has to involve Cruz over the course of the season as long as he maintains that form for the u21's. There's no reason why you can't involve him in the 20 man squad if we are in a position of safety and the season is meandering away. We've always wanted our youngsters to get men's minutes which the club seem to be doing which is great but we shouldn't pigeon hole every youngster into the same plan. 

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Allen was linked with clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Newcastle towards the end of last season. He had 7 goals and 6 assists in 16 U18 games last season. 3 goals in 612 U21 minutes when stepping up. Still only 17 too. A full season at U21 level followed by a couple of loan, then he should be first team ready. Dealing with the physicality would be his main area to work on.

Is he under a contract or can we hide him in a cupboard or something?

1 hour ago, 8Leeds said:

My mate that’s a Leeds fans claiming we’re signing Cooper who was released by the in the summer. Reckons he’s been training with us. I’ve not trawled through to see if it’s been mentioned here before. 

I think it was SEcornerram who has posted that Cooper has been training with us for a week but no sign so far of him joining us.

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm just trying to picture what my face would've been if you had told me at the end of the Carlisle game that by the end of the summer, Conor Washington would still be the most expensive striker we have on our books. 

£20k from Rotherham. 

That was probably 19k too much 😊

5 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Really? Osula and Dobbin came here, developed and played games for there teams in the Prem after being sent here. Both gone for multi million pounds. 

Bird had his most productive season and under Warne. Sibley got lots of minutes and moved to a champ club. Knight was sold to a champ club after playing for Warne and got international appearances. 

Cashin was tried to be bought by Brighton and has developed over the last 2 years. 

Other players like NML have had there best seasons in competitive football under Warne

I think some people are blinkered tbh

Alright Facty McFactface, apart from Bird, Knight, Osula, Dobbin, Sibley, Knight and Cashin, who else has he progressed? 😠

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That was yesterday, keep up.

Although, not my fault the club are absolutely ballsing up what is essentially a very important transfer window for us.

I understand what you’re frustrated about. I’m frustrated we haven’t brought in the numbers of players that were being talked about, too. 

But we’ve signed the best goalie in Scandinavia. Ozoh on loan. Kenzo. Yates. Jackson. Osborn. Ebou!!!

Saying we have ballsed up this window is silly. Your fair points lose credibility when you say stuff like this. 

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I understand what you’re frustrated about. I’m frustrated we haven’t brought in the numbers of players that were being talked about, too. 

But we’ve signed the best goalie in Scandinavia. Ozoh on loan. Kenzo. Yates. Jackson. Osborn. Ebou!!!

Saying we have ballsed up this window is silly. Your fair points lose credibility when you say stuff like this. 

I didn't say we have ballsed it up, I said we are ballsing it up, I could well be corrected come September.

Currently, as we stand, how I see it, we have made some good signings, but now that we need to make the key signings, the goal scorers, we are like a dog running at a pack of pigeons hoping to catch one.

And before any of you amend my mistake, go flock yourselves 😆

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Is it 5 or 6 weeks ago tomorrow since we last signed an outfield player?

It clearly isn't going to plan, I think it is fair to assume that.

I’m sure Warne said it would go down to the last couple of days , so just maybe it is going to plan

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

In all fairness there's a difference between Mad Mel and wanting us to take a couple of gambles that maybe aren't within budget.

Without trying to sound too preachy, you know that’s how gambling addiction starts, right.

We had better success at bringing in players during 21/22 than we are currently.

Edmundson, Ravel, Jags, Allsop, Plange, Spearman...

Something's not right and it's pointing towards Warne and his knack at getting them over the line.

It's woeful to be loaning Robinson and co out and then complaining we are light on numbers 

Edited by Papahet

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

We had better success at bringing in players during 21/22 than we are currently.

Edmundson, Ravel, Jags, Allsop, Plange, Spearman...

Something's not right and it's pointing towards Warne and his knack at getting them over the line 

Pure supposition. Could be something else or nothing at all.