Transfer rumours

Players like Coburn would improve the team, however I’m sure there has to be better value out there. I doubt he’d be cheap even on a loan deal, especially with Gibson involved in the deal.

I expect very few had heard of Goudmijn or Zetterstrom before, however on paper they look like really good options that’ll improve the squad more than the equivalent value English player.

I hope our recruitment team will again be able to identify someone similar in the CF position. It’s nice to seemingly have to option now we’re looking more widely around Europe.

Just a quick question as I pay no attention to other teams and their signings. 

Has any other Championship team who doesn't have parachute payments (or perhaps even do) signed a better season-long loan than Ozoh.....on paper of course.

13 minutes ago, Norman said:

Has any other Championship team who doesn't have parachute payments (or perhaps even do) signed a better season-long loan than Ozoh.....on paper of course.

Not that I can see on this list…

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

It’s an interesting read actually, Burnley, Leeds and Coventry have thrown some serious money around but everyone else has been fairly conservative so far. I know we started at a different point to most clubs with the high turnover of players, but we’ve brought in a few more at this stage than a number of other clubs, maybe lots of sides will still be adjusting and getting things together in the first few weeks. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

Just to add to that question, how many clubs in the championship have permanently signed players, of the same or better quality as Ozoh, meaning they don't need to sign players on season long loans? 

Would be interesting to know.

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not that I can see on this list…

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

It’s an interesting read actually, Burnley, Leeds and Coventry have thrown some serious money around but everyone else has been fairly conservative so far. I know we started at a different point to most clubs with the high turnover of players, but we’ve brought in a few more at this stage than a number of other clubs, maybe lots of sides will still be adjusting and getting things together in the first few weeks. 

Hull have made some serious money and not spent much of it yet I imagine they'll strengthen even more.

I would be amazed if its not ross stewart. Hardly played last season but gets goals at this level, team just been promoted without relying on him or him being a main man and just signed brereton Diaz. Loan for a season would be an easy option to take.

17 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Hull have made some serious money and not spent much of it yet I imagine they'll strengthen even more.

Pretty well touted fact that they’ve lost 63 of the 68 goals they scored last season. They certainly need to restock. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just seen Matt Philips has signed for Oxford, I would be absolutely amazed if we weren't in for him.

I’d be amazed if we were. He’s 33, not fast, not the fittest player, would probably still want decent wages. Plays on the wing where we got Jackson to add to NML, Barks and CBT. Warne hasn’t mentioned he wanted an out n out winger either. 

14 minutes ago, KBB said:

I would be amazed if its not ross stewart. Hardly played last season but gets goals at this level, team just been promoted without relying on him or him being a main man and just signed brereton Diaz. Loan for a season would be an easy option to take.

Whilst I agree he’d be a good option at a good age, I’d just like to point out a certain James Steven Collins has a better championship (and overall) scoring record than him… 👀 

But yeah, Stewart would be good, they (Saints) paid something like 8 million quid for him where Sunderland signed him for under £400k, would love us to uncover a little profitable gem along those lines. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Whilst I agree he’d be a good option at a good age, I’d just like to point out a certain James Steven Collins has a better championship (and overall) scoring record than him… 👀

Where are you getting that from?

Championship:

Stewart has scored 10 Championship goals from the equivalent of 11.9 games (0.84 goals per game, unbelievable record).
Collins 27 goals in 88 games (0.31 goals per game, still a decent record).

Overall:

Stewart - 51 goals in equivalent of 114 games (0.45 goals per 90).
Collins - 193 goals in equivalent of 466 games (0.41 goals per 90).

My main concern around Ross Stewart would be his injury history. To have only played the equivalent of 114 games at 28 years old is pretty crazy. Although he only started playing professional football at 21 years old. For context, Jason Knight has already played 166 games at 23.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

I will have to reserve judgment on Ozoh until he has played half a dozen games for us against Championship opposition. He hasn’t started a game yet for Palace and if he ever wants to - he will have to breeze the Championship. Like Beilik , he looks the part . Good luck to the lad . 

17 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Where are you getting that from?

Championship:

Stewart has scored 10 Championship goals from the equivalent of 11.9 games (0.84 goals per game, unbelievable record).
Collins 27 goals in 88 games (0.31 goals per game, still a decent record).

Overall:

Stewart - 51 goals in equivalent of 114 games (0.45 goals per 90).
Collins - 193 goals in equivalent of 466 games (0.41 goals per 90).

My main concern around Ross Stewart would be his injury history. To have only played the equivalent of 114 games at 28 years old is pretty crazy. Although he only started playing professional football at 21 years old. For context, Jason Knight has already played 166 games at 23.

It was intended as a bit of light humour is all to promote Collins, going purely on the total numbers of played more in the champ and scored more, we’re not all clever stattos looking into the finer details. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 hours ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

Mara CF - Southampton

Dibling from Southampton would be more exciting but I think they may include him in their squad, especially if they're unable to bring someone in.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I’d be amazed if we were. He’s 33, not fast, not the fittest player, would probably still want decent wages. Plays on the wing where we got Jackson to add to NML, Barks and CBT. Warne hasn’t mentioned he wanted an out n out winger either. 

Which all him makes him a perfect Warne signing 😜

I jest of course.