Transfer rumours

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Am starting to get a little concerned that we’re not going to have a new forward, centre half or goalkeeper ready in time for the Blackburn game.

Hopefully some more info will come out today from Warne as to where we’re at with new signings…

I’m hoping the delay isn’t due to us relying upon money coming in from a big money sale (Cashin)

We’ve heard we need a new young CB with pace for a while.

Perhaps that’s because we’re resigned to losing EC.

28 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Have Derby actually thrown a "next big thing" in at the deep end and watched him sink? What we normally do is sit them on the bench or play them out of position until their head has gone. Have we actually had a "next big thing"?

Correlating to current day prices and putting aside administration, I think we'd have been getting 20 million plus fees for Hughes, Huddlestone and Barnes and 15 million plus for Ebosele if we could have kept him and fine tuned him.  Knight as a championship player would have been in the 8 million bracket based on his all round game as a squad player.  I had heard Bristol City have turned down a bid of that size for him from Bournemouth back at the end of the season.  

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Am starting to get a little concerned that we’re not going to have a new forward, centre half or goalkeeper ready in time for the Blackburn game.

Hopefully some more info will come out today from Warne as to where we’re at with new signings…

I am sharing the same concerns.

I know anything can happen in a season, but I look at the fixtures and I think to stand a chance of stopping up we need to hit the ground running.  Our new striker is already suspended for the first 3 games!  We don't want to be heading into September facing Cardiff, Sheff U, Norwich and Sunderland already playing catch up.

We go into a season every single year needing that final piece of the jigsaw, this year we are currently missing 4.

If Dembele isn't biting, go get someone else.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m hoping the delay isn’t due to us relying upon money coming in from a big money sale (Cashin)

We’ve heard we need a new young CB with pace for a while.

Perhaps that’s because we’re resigned to losing EC.

I was/am hoping it had more to do with us obviously needing better options at centre-half, at this level, than Sonny Bradley 

As it stands it has to be Nyambe - Nelson - Cashin for me. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I was/am hoping it had more to do with us obviously needing better options at centre-half, at this level, than Sonny Bradley 

As it stands it has to be Nyambe - Nelson - Cashin for me. 

Honestly think Fozzy has looked the sharpest of the lot in pre season and wouldn’t mind Cashin and Nelson either side of him for game one before we get in a cb. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am sharing the same concerns.

I know anything can happen in a season, but I look at the fixtures and I think to stand a chance of stopping up we need to hit the ground running.  Our new striker is already suspended for the first 3 games!  We don't want to be heading into September facing Cardiff, Sheff U, Norwich and Sunderland already playing catch up.

We go into a season every single year needing that final piece of the jigsaw, this year we are currently missing 4.

If Dembele isn't biting, go get someone else.

Yeah I see what you mean. I look at the current squad, and the way we’ve played so far in pre-season, and can only see us going straight back down with Warne collecting another relegation for his CV.

Appreciate how negative that sounds, and how irritating that will be for some to read, but that’s just my gut feeling as it stands.

Hoping for a massive reaction tonight against Barnsley, especially seeing as Warne emphasised that this will be the first time they are really focusing on the tactical stuff. 

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

Honestly think Fozzy has looked the sharpest of the lot in pre season and wouldn’t mind Cashin and Nelson either side of him for game one before we get in a cb. 

He has, you’re right - which is massively concerning 

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yeah I see what you mean. I look at the current squad, and the way we’ve played so far in pre-season, and can only see us going straight back down with Warne collecting another relegation for his CV.

Appreciate how negative that sounds, and how irritating that will be for some to read, but that’s just my gut feeling as it stands.

Hoping for a massive reaction tonight against Barnsley, especially seeing as Warne emphasised that this will be the first time they are really focusing on the tactical stuff. 

Hopefully Brown & Robinson get a chance, out of necessity really.

37 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It is very very quiet 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hopefully Brown & Robinson get a chance, out of necessity really.

I don't think either of them will.

From what I've heard Brown is 99.9% going on loan.

Robinson I think will go out on loan, too.

Collins will be starting up top with NML and Jackson on either side of him. 

Where are the goals going to come from? This is a big concern.

Hopefully we'll see something in the transfer window shortly that addresses this.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I don't think either of them will.

From what I've heard Brown is 99.9% going on loan.

Robinson I think will go out on loan, too.

Collins will be starting up top with NML and Jackson on either side of him. 

Where are the goals going to come from? This is a big concern.

Hopefully we'll see something in the transfer window shortly that addresses this.

Hopefully Dom, or whoever interviews Warne, asks about this tonight.

I don’t share the same concerns. The championship season is 46 games, lots can and will happen in that time, it’s a marathon not a sprint and all those old clichés.

Warne might get it right on this journey into the championship…or he might not and someone might replace him. We have the makings of a squad with a handful of players needed to complete it, all the suggestions are that we’re still working on deals to get those players in (probably a couple more prem loans to add some quality).

There are plenty or examples of teams starting slowly then putting a run together to stay up from previous years, a quick check of the last 3 seasons shows teams towards the bottom of the form table after 10 or 15 games who stayed up comfortably in the end. 
People had concerns wouldn’t score enough goals last season having lost McGoldrick, and we did. 

It’s a little bit sad how quickly the joy of promotion appears to have faded for some (not a criticism as people can feel how they want, just an observation). I’m not dismissing the concerns many of you seem to have, I just don’t share them myself at the moment. For now I’m choosing to be optimistic, we’re back in the champ, we’ve signed players for fees and from the continent, we’ve signed some younger players. I’ll be concerned if it’s warranted further down the line when some football has been played and we’ve got an idea if those concerns being aired by people now were accurate or not. 

Wherever we are in January, Warne would still have enough time to pull it out the bag and stay up. 

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t share the same concerns. The championship season is 46 games, lots can and will happen in that time, it’s a marathon not a sprint and all those old clichés.

Warne might get it right on this journey into the championship…or he might not and someone might replace him. We have the makings of a squad with a handful of players needed to complete it, all the suggestions are that we’re still working on deals to get those players in (probably a couple more prem loans to add some quality).

There are plenty or examples of teams starting slowly then putting a run together to stay up from previous years, a quick check of the last 3 seasons shows teams towards the bottom of the form table after 10 or 15 games who stayed up comfortably in the end. 
People had concerns wouldn’t score enough goals last season having lost McGoldrick, and we did. 

It’s a little bit sad how quickly the joy of promotion appears to have faded for some (not a criticism as people can feel how they want, just an observation). I’m not dismissing the concerns many of you seem to have, I just don’t share them myself at the moment. For now I’m choosing to be optimistic, we’re back in the champ, we’ve signed players for fees and from the continent, we’ve signed some younger players. I’ll be concerned if it’s warranted further down the line when some football has been played and we’ve got an idea if those concerns being aired by people now were accurate or not. 

I will be full of excitement next week leading up to Friday! Anything can happen first game.

I feel like the Championship has changed massively since we were last in it (just the 2 years), so i know nothing of the opposition anymore, the players to look out for etc, so its just a free hit.

I would just love to be competitive.

31 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agree CR…..plenty of time to get new additions in.

A month left of the transfer window and some people are panicking. Crazy.

If it was 31st August today, I would share your concerns.

Warne has said himself we do not have enough goals in the team, he wants an attacking midfielder/number 10 and a striker. 

He has also said these will be likely be loans an when you want decent loans, you have to wait and you have to be patient (evidently people are not)

He said he was hopeful of having players in for Blackburn, but if we don't, we don't. Plenty of time and a big long season. Our team now is good enough to go to Blackburn and win. 

If the manager came out and said he was happy with the team and nobody else would be coming in, I would be worried.

But he has said the opposite. 

There will be at least 5-6 more in. 

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He said he was hopeful of having players in for Blackburn, but if we don't, we don't. Plenty of time and a big long season. Our team now is good enough to go to Blackburn and win.

Do you genuinely think that? I would have to disagree with you there. Can't see us getting anything out of the game if we're starting Vickers, Bradley, Elder, Collins...

Appreciate that is quite pessimistic but I think this team really struggles as it stands and our pre-season so far supports that (hopefully that changes tonight, though). 

Edited by Nuwtfly