Transfer rumours

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ebosele was the best wide player I've seen in 1v1s for Derby. Absolutely electric.

He was quick, powerful and could cause defenders a nightmare when one-on-one with them. I just feel like he lacked finesse to really push on and looks as though he’s struggled whilst at Udinese. 

I like Ebiowei more, and I felt that he needed to stick around. I actually was surprised when he went to Palace, not that his performances didn’t deserve it, but he was never going straight into the first team. They already had very good wingers (and good ones coming through) so felt like he was moving into a deep pool and it’s easy to lose the momentum he built here. He already had similar issues at Arsenal.

If we sign Ebiowei then there has to be a permanent angle to it. Palace probably want to increase the value of their asset before selling, whereas I think we should look at it as an asset. It all depends on how much they want of course, but he’s in a downturn of his career and needs a platform. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was quick, powerful and could cause defenders a nightmare when one-on-one with them. I just feel like he lacked finesse to really push on and looks as though he’s struggled whilst at Udinese. 

19 appearances in Serie A this season, so he's not been a total flop. No idea how he's been playing.

Surprised to see he's still only 21. You forget how young he was when he broke through with us.

Edit: And Ebiowei is only 20! Would be ludicrous to write him off at that age.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

10 hours ago, jono said:

He has also as strong as an ox and one of the best tacklers I have seen in recent times. Oh and he’s playing in serie A

Well, we already have the buffalo so an ox would fit right in 👍😎

On the subject of the buffalo, in the vids from Spain etc he seems to be a lot leaner this season…. 

30 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Well, we already have the buffalo so an ox would fit right in 👍😎

On the subject of the buffalo, in the vids from Spain etc he seems to be a lot leaner this season…. 

I thought that, and he came top of the running stats so has clearly been putting the work in over the summer break. Imagine those feet with extra speed! 😲

quick google info...

6ft 6

Made his international debut for Sweden in January

7 clean sheets in 14 games in the league (12 conceded)

Contract to the end of 2025.

Derby County wants to buy Jacob Widell Zetterström from Djurgården.

According to Sportbladet's information, the club has already made an offer for the goalkeeper, but where Djurgården is not close to selling for what the newcomers in The Championship are prepared to offer.

The club has already been in contact with Djurgården and stated what they are willing to pay for the player.

But Djurgården are not willing to sell for the amount the club is offering and the parties are far apart.

Djurgaden are playing in the qualifying rounds for the Europa Conference League, currently second in the league behind Malmo.

Just now, Scott129 said:

Why has it taken so long for us to start looking abroad for players?

I know absolutely nothing about him but it's a yes from me.

I suspect we've been looking from Day 1 but news of our targets etc haven't come out.  When you start getting to this stage of the window, and of course toward the end, agents and the like release snippets to tender for business....

Just now, Scott129 said:

Why has it taken so long for us to start looking abroad for players?

I know absolutely nothing about him but it's a yes from me.

I think Scott we have to give Warne and the club the benefit of the doubt, they had a very limited budget in league 1 and we had to recruit known quantities on free transfers who could get us out of that division. Its great that as soon as we are able we have changed our approach