Transfer rumours

32 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Unlikely given transfer window isn't open yet.

So, it's not possible for a club to come to an agreement with another club and the player, sign contracts, post dated to July 1st, and then register the transfer on 1/7/2024?

For out of contract players clubs could talk to other clubs' players and sign deals since last January.

The window might not be officially open but that's only in respect of registering deals with the FA/EFL. Negotiations and deal signings will have been going on for a while.

6 hours ago, MadAmster said:

So, it's not possible for a club to come to an agreement with another club and the player, sign contracts, post dated to July 1st, and then register the transfer on 1/7/2024?

For out of contract players clubs could talk to other clubs' players and sign deals since last January.

The window might not be officially open but that's only in respect of registering deals with the FA/EFL. Negotiations and deal signings will have been going on for a while.

You can do all that, but he still isnt signed as your not officially allowed to register them. Of course you can agree a fee, etc, but you run the risk of the player getting injured, insurance not being valid as the players contract cannot be transferred. Which is why players transfers are not done, until you can transfer the contract.

So I'll reiterate what I said, he can't be signed in secret.

14 hours ago, Returning ram said:

You can do all that, but he still isnt signed as your not officially allowed to register them. Of course you can agree a fee, etc, but you run the risk of the player getting injured, insurance not being valid as the players contract cannot be transferred. Which is why players transfers are not done, until you can transfer the contract.

So I'll reiterate what I said, he can't be signed in secret.

Injury clause in a pre contract? Transfers can't be completed until the window opens, true. However, I would be amazed if there weren't a lot of deals already done and dusted in the form of a letter or contract of intent with stipulations such as injury and other clauses... especially after the season's end when there is less chance of injury.

48 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Injury clause in a pre contract? Transfers can't be completed until the window opens, true. However, I would be amazed if there weren't a lot of deals already done and dusted in the form of a letter or contract of intent with stipulations such as injury and other clauses... especially after the season's end when there is less chance of injury.

Someone injuring their ACL, just highlights why it fraught with risk. I'm sure their is lots of agreements, however the point still stands, you can't sign them, as you say if there is an injury clause, end result, you can't sign them. 

1 minute ago, Returning ram said:

Someone injuring their ACL, just highlights why it fraught with risk. I'm sure their is lots of agreements, however the point still stands, you can't sign them, as you say if there is an injury clause, end result, you can't sign them. 

I take your point..... what's the point in having an injury clause, when you can't sign it legally anyway! Don't have the clause, lhey get injured and so you don't sign them....the clause seems slightly surplus to requirements in a contract you can't sign.

4 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Pre contract, including a clause that prevents them talking to others? Expand your view and you'll accept that some players already know where they're going and for what fee/wage because the agreements have already been signed. I suppose you could view the term "sign" to only be applicable once a transfer has been registered with the EFL but those deals will have been done. Maybe not by us but there ARE deals that only need sending to the FA/PL/EFL. 

3 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Pre contract, including a clause that prevents them talking to others? Expand your view and you'll accept that some players already know where they're going and for what fee/wage because the agreements have already been signed. I suppose you could view the term "sign" to only be applicable once a transfer has been registered with the EFL but those deals will have been done. Maybe not by us but there ARE deals that only need sending to the FA/PL/EFL. 

Sorry, not sure what you want me to expand on and pretty sure we exhausted the conversation.

A player cannot sign for another team outside the window unless their contract is due to expire within 6 months. I'm sure players do know where they are going, but I doubt very much you will get a legally binding contract that will cover you for scenarios like where the player gets injured. Hence going back to my original point, the player in question will not have been signed by the club in secret.

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Hopefully there will be some rumours on this thread eventually. I think Warne and a lot of other managers and players are on their holidays so we won't hear much for a couple of weeks

Hopefully the most solid rumour is people have seen Daniel Iversen at Moor Farm.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

You mean like Stoke signing Johansson last week despite him being under contract at Rotherham (until 2025) and it not being the transfer window?

"Viktor Johansson has signed a three-year deal with Stoke City."

"The transfer will become effective upon the opening of the summer window" 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You mean like Stoke signing Johansson last week despite him being under contract at Rotherham (until 2025) and it not being the transfer window?

Rotherham have announced a number of "signings", but not the basis of them.

Perhaps not strong enough for the transfer section, but here a thought that Nathan Jones at Charlton has enquired about bringing his former captain to the Valley:

I'd suggest it would be ideal all round, especially if we could negotiate a fee. Bradley must be on a high wage for someone who's perhaps our 4th choice central defender.

If chalrton do want Bradley we should be all over dobson or leaburn (spelling) for a fee with Bradley as part of the deal. Leaburn has even linked with huge clubs, way out of our league and probably his too at the minute but he fits the bill as a player ready for our team. Young, athletic, tall, powerful, pacey, can play as a lone striker, in a two, or off the wing. Dobson nees no introduction for what he could bring. Good player.

6 hours ago, KBB said:

If chalrton do want Bradley we should be all over dobson or leaburn (spelling) for a fee with Bradley as part of the deal. Leaburn has even linked with huge clubs, way out of our league and probably his too at the minute but he fits the bill as a player ready for our team. Young, athletic, tall, powerful, pacey, can play as a lone striker, in a two, or off the wing. Dobson nees no introduction for what he could bring. Good player.

I liked that Kanu up top for them. Caused us no end of problems when they came to us 

19 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Sorry, not sure what you want me to expand on and pretty sure we exhausted the conversation.

A player cannot sign for another team outside the window unless their contract is due to expire within 6 months. I'm sure players do know where they are going, but I doubt very much you will get a legally binding contract that will cover you for scenarios like where the player gets injured. Hence going back to my original point, the player in question will not have been signed by the club in secret.

Thanks to @Ghost of Clough...

You mean like Stoke signing Johansson last week despite him being under contract at Rotherham (until 2025) and it not being the transfer window?