Premier League | 2024/25

Day

15 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Either a lot of these footballers really are thick as pig s*** or they have Humphrey Bogart's " I've got fcuk you money" mindset and don't care. 

There was a post...maybe on this thread where a Premier footballer was on a plane and asked the stewardess for something from the trolly(chocolate I think maybe £2)gave her a £20 note and says...is that enough 😮

And it aint just footballers 🙄

12 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

There was a post...maybe on this thread where a Premier footballer was on a plane and asked the stewardess for something from the trolly(chocolate I think maybe £2)gave her a £20 note and says...is that enough 😮

And it aint just footballers 🙄

That was Fellaini.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Ipswich are signing Smzodics for £9m plus £2m in addons. That's an absolute steal... am I missing something?!

He's 29 next month, never played higher than the Championship and only had 1 prolific season.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

He's 29 next month, never played higher than the Championship and only had 1 prolific season.

Fair enough. Still seems cheap to me compared to what else £9m get you in the transfer market.

This Mosquera lad at Wolverhampton seems a bit of a nutjob. Premier League debut and he's choked Havertz and grabbed Gabriel Jesus's arse. Not booked for either, of course.

Brentford Vs Palace

Palace freekick, Eze scores...only for the birk in the middle to blow his whistle for a foul before the ball enters the net...HT pundits say...where's the foul 🙄

47 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Brentford Vs Palace

Palace freekick, Eze scores...only for the birk in the middle to blow his whistle for a foul before the ball enters the net...HT pundits say...where's the foul 🙄

I believe I read somewhere there’s been a directive this season for these blocking fouls (pick plays, if you’re into Basketball) from set pieces. The apparent foul was one of those where Hughes was facing away from play and deemed to be doing nothing other than fouling a man to help a teammate become unmarked. Willing to bet that’s why the ref was so hot on it. 

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I watched the first 20 minutes then just drifted away. So tedious.

What, they weren't playing attractive football. Thought it was the style of play from teams like this, that posters on here are demanding Warne should be trying to copy.

Maybe we should go with getting the ball upfield quickly, catching out teams on the break, like Man U.

Possibly utilise our fullbacks to supply crosses and long balls like Liverpool's Robertson and TAA.

The style of play Warne had us playing last season, did get us promoted.

So maybe we should trust him to assemble a squad and have them playing in a style capable of staying and hopefully thriving in the Championship.

But whatever happens I don't think any of our games will be tedious.

Edited by 1of4

39 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

What, they weren't playing attractive football. Thought it was the style of play from teams like this, that posters on here are demanding Warne should be trying to copy.

Maybe we should go with getting the ball upfield quickly, catching out teams on the break, like Man U.

Possibly utilise our fullbacks to supply crosses and long balls like Liverpool's Robertson and TAA.

The style of play Warne had us playing last season, did get us promoted.

So maybe we should trust him to assemble a squad and have them playing in a style capable of staying and hopefully thriving in the Championship.

But whatever happens I don't think any of our games will be tedious.

Feel better?

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Ivan Toney demanding wages of over £17m per year when he leaves Brentford - and that's before bonuses and other allowances which could double that - football is screwed....

If he's holding out in the expectation a club is going to pay him that sort of money he's taking a huge gamble............again! You'd think he'd have learnt!

50 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If he's holding out in the expectation a club is going to pay him that sort of money he's taking a huge gamble............again! You'd think he'd have learnt!

There's a Saudi club interested....

Toney is thinking if I go to a top 6 club I will probably either never play, or never hit the form I showed for brentford. Think Zaha at man utd. He will then probably have to move again to a club like Everton in 2 years. Its not worth it.

He might as well take the money in Saudi while his stock is high enough. Thats what football has become