UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

7 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Wait a sec here. As a french supporter, I' ll also have Kane, Palmer and Saka , Eze and Rice, thank you very much, no questions asked. You can have Dembele, Thuram, Koman and I ll throw a young inexperienced lad who looks deceptively slow, Giroud.

Hernandez and Kante are the two I would love to steal from France and add to the England team. They would make a huge difference to us

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Turkey were pretty bad, Portugal were pretty good.

Portugal are on course to play the runner up from group D in the 1/4 final.

I think that is either France or Holland.

Portugal seem to have Holland’s number at major tournaments. I have a Dutch friend who despises them.

I think it was in Germany in 2006 when they played out the dirtiest ever game at a major tournament. More yellow cards than attempts at goal.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Portugal are on course to play the runner up from group D in the 1/4 final.

I think that is either France or Holland.

Portugal seem to have Holland’s number at major tournaments. I have a Dutch friend who despises them.

I think it was in Germany in 2006 when they played out the dirtiest ever game at a major tournament. More yellow cards than attempts at goal.

The Battle of Nurnberg! Would love to see a rematch between those to on German soil again, imagine it could be a bit spicy still. Ronaldo and Pepe will remember it well and we know the latter isn't afraid to get a bit nasty. 

On Portugal, they really have some depth of attacking talent in their squad. Well balanced too with some quality at cm and cb too

18 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

The Battle of Nurnberg! Would love to see a rematch between those to on German soil again, imagine it could be a bit spicy still. Ronaldo and Pepe will remember it well and we know the latter isn't afraid to get a bit nasty. 

On Portugal, they really have some depth of attacking talent in their squad. Well balanced too with some quality at cm and cb too

Portugal have an amazing team on paper. Bruno, Silva, Vitinha, Leao, Ruben Dias and of course the world’s best poacher in Ronaldo.

But in recent years they have lost games they should have won, especially at the last two World Cups against Uruguay and Morocco.

Sounds like Gareth Southgate wants to play a certain system, is missing one particular skill set and rather than adjust the system is trying to shoehorn other skills in.

And I've never seen a more one-footed £100m player than Rice. At one point he was going to be our game changer. Now the manager is nostalgically wishing for a peak kalvin Phillips......

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Sounds like Gareth Southgate wants to play a certain system, is missing one particular skill set and rather than adjust the system is trying to shoehorn other skills in.

And I've never seen a more one-footed £100m player than Rice. At one point he was going to be our game changer. Now the manager is nostalgically wishing for a peak kalvin Phillips......

That Kalvin Phillips comment made him seem so completely clueless.  The Kalvin Phillips who sat on the bench through Qatar? What’s he even on about?!

57 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Which teams have impressed you the most?  For me it's Spain, Portugal and Germany, every other team been average. 

Austria has been very good and organised and unlucky not to get something out the France game. Netherlands a bit wasteful in attack but have been pretty resolute otherwise. Both play each other next and either could face Spain or us in the knockouts which will be an interesting tie. Belgium if they carry last night's performance will be a tricky side. Not sure why they didn't play Vertonghen in the first game they looked so much more calm at the back.

Germany, they will win it.

It’s the ultimate Kroos send off season, going out with a La Liga, Champions League medal and a Euro in his homeland. 

They’ve looked the better team by a country mile.

27 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Austria has been very good and organised and unlucky not to get something out the France game. Netherlands a bit wasteful in attack but have been pretty resolute otherwise. Both play each other next and either could face Spain or us in the knockouts which will be an interesting tie. Belgium if they carry last night's performance will be a tricky side. Not sure why they didn't play Vertonghen in the first game they looked so much more calm at the back.

Must admit not seen Austria matches, Netherlands were ok but thought France should of beaten them, been really impressed with Spain and has you said Belgium looked a lot better last night.

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Which teams have impressed you the most?  For me it's Spain, Portugal and Germany, every other team been average. 

The smaller Nations for me, Georgia, Albania, Slovakia, Serbia and Denmark 👌