UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

I'm sure this won't effect their confidence going forward. I imagine being the tournament opener can be pretty nerve wracking. I imagine they probably just wanted to keep things tight and that lead to more nerves which leads to more errors and then to even more pressure. I'm no fan, but I do feel sorry for them. An embarrassing night but just put it behind you. At the end of the day, the result might not be what they'd hoped for but they still sit top of the group with a +4 goal difference

Not our finest hour (or 90 mins).......

Oh well, there's a chance to redeem themselves on Wednesday. 

Dropping Gilmour was criminal, and it shows the drop off in quality from Hickey to Patterson to Ralston. The Germans ran him ragged. 

On the upside, I managed to get 2 tickets for the Swiss game last night, so at least I get to see at least 1 game live. 

Defeats like last night make the victories all the sweeter.

Onwards and upwards. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

28 minutes ago, Day said:

I hope ITV ditch the American soccer rules expert, found the whole thing bizarre given it was UK coverage of a European competition.

She knew her sh!t, got to give it to her, but I agree it is a bit bizarre. I wondered if they resell it to some American broadcaster or some ITV US type of channel.

17 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Me too. Can't feckin wait. I love tournament football and I for the first time in my life, I really feel we've as good a chance as any this time around. France the most likely winners IMO, but if our front 6 can click I really think we can beat anyone. A France Vs England final is the dream, with us edging a 5 goal thriller. 

I put a fiver on the draw.... seems I know as much as you...

1 hour ago, Day said:

I hope ITV ditch the American soccer rules expert, found the whole thing bizarre given it was UK coverage of a European competition.

To top it off ITV should have a sign language person on the bottom of the screen for the deaf.

I've nowt against the deaf...I SAID I'VE NOWT AGAINST THE DEAF 

1 hour ago, Day said:

I found it odd as well although it was a direct copy of what Sky and TNT have been doing with Mike Dean/Peter Walton but clearly didn't have the budget left for them. I don't get why you need an ex referee explaining decisions it's so boring analysing every little thing. 

34 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I thought ITV coverage was great. I liked the rules expert. She gave an impartial and technical perspective that was a good new addition.

I also really liked Ally McCoist pulling no punches and being brutally honest in his commentator role. We need more of that.

She had the same view as all of us did, Only those who know nowt about "soccer" might appreciate her role, 2nd half I turned the volume down...extraordinarily better...imo 👌