Punching above our weight. What do you think would elevate us above mid table next season?

28 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

My WHU  supporting mate would say they are a lot bigger now having a 62k seat stadium in fact bigger than most London clubs potentially in the near future. When they played at the Boleyn yes very much a similar size. 

Fair point. I could have used a number of clubs to make my point such as Crystal Palace which has a market value of around 800m. 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

After this Summers Euros , next June/July we will be treated to the Club World Cup . 32 Top clubs go to the U.S.A to fight it out . I understand that lower Championship is not for you . What concerns me is that kids are saturated with images of the worlds top players and won’t give a fig about the “Bread and butter” , EFL .

I have supported  Derby County for over 50 years and been a season ticket holder for most of those years. Derby County is the only club I am interested in and want the club to ‘complete’ at the highest level. I don’t make any apologies for that. Unfortunately these days that takes a lot of money.

32 minutes ago, Crewton said:

To be fair, he did say "some" fans, not all, and didn't name individuals.

I could only speculate as to why you're offended on behalf of these unspecified fans, so I won't.

I'm not offended at all just pointing out it's not a nice attitude to have, but you'd know that too wouldn't you.

2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

My WHU  supporting mate would say they are a lot bigger now having a 62k seat stadium in fact bigger than most London clubs potentially in the near future. When they played at the Boleyn yes very much a similar size. 

the same West Ham who got a free stadium funded by the taxpayer for an incredible sum.  Always worth mentioning when Derby are mentioned as owing millions in lost tax. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Villa are an interesting case and I don't profess to understand it.

For the year ending May 2023 they made a staggering loss of £116m. Their accounts includes amounts owed to/by the group in both debtors (£206m) and creditors (£219m).

Their staff costs are quoted as "only" £9m which I assume can't include players wages. 🤷‍♀️

Wromg set of accounts. Look at NSWE Sports Limited instead.

£55.3m loss on a £217.7m turnover, mainly due to £194.2m staff costs

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

the same West Ham who got a free stadium funded by the taxpayer for an incredible sum.  Always worth mentioning when Derby are mentioned as owing millions in lost tax. 

They continue to be subsidised by the taxpayer, owing to the pepper corn rent that they pay to play there.

6 hours ago, superfit said:

... Derby County is the only club I am interested in and want the club to ‘complete’ at the highest level. I don’t make any apologies for that....

There's no need to apologise mate.  We've all been guilty of typing the wrong word on here!   👀