Herbie Kane

Ticks a lot of boxes on the face of it but seems to be a younger Hourihane which seems odd as the general consensus is that Hourihane wasn’t a Warne type player ie. Not athletic. 

Guess a freebie brings a relative reduction in risk. Ultimately I don’t know enough about this one and will bow down to Warne and co.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

One of 3 Barnsley midfielders I wouldn't mind having. Good set piece taker, more of a Hourihane replacement.

image.thumb.png.683e9f35437fa9e952ae215cf0ab15a6.png

All this Hourihane and set pieces stuff that's talked. Ours were always better when we had Sibley taking them! It was another reason not to have Hourihane in the team. 

4 hours ago, FKANorwichExile said:

He's gotta have skin thicker than concrete to have grown up with the name Herbie...

Well if he 'rides again', to our rescue then I'll 'go bananas' and my 'love bug' will make me sleep outside again for being over exuberant.

High end L1 on a free, could be the kind of players that we get to pad out options in our team. Midfield needs an overhaul and even if he isnt a Warne type player, he fits the mould of a player that we can use to try something different.

On 13/05/2024 at 17:05, FKANorwichExile said:

He's gotta have skin thicker than concrete to have grown up with the name Herbie...

I used to work with a Herbie.  Hard as nails 

31 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

....I wouldn't turn my nose up at Devante Cole either tbh....

Speaking to a Barnsley fan on holiday, he was surprised that he didn't leave in January.