Thierry Small

The only thing that makes me curious about this is that the player would’ve been extremely well known to staff at our club in January, so why not make the move when he was on a free? 

It stinks of the player and his agent trying to secure a long-term deal by manufacturing interest from another party. I don’t know if I buy it, honestly. 

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

He's 19 though. It's quite normal for lads to have attitude problems at that age. Can't write him off for that surely

Totally agree. NML had "attitude problems" (if you can call it that) and look at him now.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He’s only 19 though. 

If he listens, he’ll improve.

I should've been clearer.

I wasn't commenting about his ability, never mind his potential. My critique was aimed at the video and its poor editing. Scouting-wise YouTube videos are only good for checking the shooting technique so not worth much. 

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It did, but we don't have much depth at center half to cover three positions so you'd think a center back would be on the shopping list if we're sticking with it.

Cashin, Bradley, Nelson, Nyambe and Rooney all contracted for next season, as well as Radcliffe who has been used at CB for the 21s this season. I think there's a reasonable chance Forsyth sticks around for another year too.

Small is very threatening as wing back going forward, but shockingly bad defensively. He's definitely not ready for Championship football, more like L2 level at the moment. We recently promoted Gill to first choice U21 LB too, so it would be disappointing to sign Small to take his place in that team - I doubt he'd want to go from men's football to U21 football either. Would we sign him just to loan him out straight away?

Lazy agent talk IMO.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I'm unsure if I have seen a highlight reel with such many bad decisions. 

I'd rather something a but more recent on which to assess him. A 20/21 academy reel might not show him at his best.

17 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It did, but we don't have much depth at center half to cover three positions so you'd think a center back would be on the shopping list if we're sticking with it.

To go with Cashin & Nelson, Fozzie, Bradley & Rooney...so that will be 5.

Also Nyambe as a right sided 

17 hours ago, O'hare is the goat said:

Looks a bit of a beast to say the least. Reminds me of Ebosele with the strength, big tackles, fast feet and mad pace

Love the commentators on this! Can we transfer them to Rams TV ?

19 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

NML case in point why people can change 

Going back, we were able to snap up Charlie George because he was said to have attitude problems. He turned out to be an exemplary professional with us.

21 hours ago, Magicman said:

We got enough LBs in Sibley, Elder & Foz. 

I'm not sure what Louie Sibley could have done more to impress fans in the last few months of the season. I can count on one hand the number of times he was beaten one-on-one, and the understanding he developed with Eiran Cashin and those two dominating the left side surely was noticed by many here. Often without a left-winger, the crosses kept coming over, he started surging past players in midfield and his confidence has never been higher. I'd say the only criticism I have is he not a danger at the back post with his head – comparing him with Forsyth. His highlights reel must be incredible. All these Charlton players I keep reading about, their defence was awful and their attack not that special: Connor Wickham, Alfie May, Freddie Ladapo could easily have been OUR attack.

On 10/05/2024 at 14:21, Magicman said:

We got enough LBs in Sibley, Elder & Foz. 

Id argue none of them are good enough for a serious championship side

foz.. love him.. bit part sure, but wouldnt want to rely on him over a season. Sibley … unpopular opinion im sure but id be worried about him against a semi decent champ winger, plus positionally he still has a lot to learn. But he is still young and learning himself and the role

elder.. meh… again wouldnt want to rely on him.

just depends on budget really in an ideal world id much rather see us with a proper wide outlet with a bit of an engine on them.

but lets see what happens