24/25 Sky TV Coverage

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

To be fair. Before the TV changes we only had 8.

Boro been moved to 1230

Portsmouth moved to a Friday night.

Sheff Weds been moved to 12:30

Yeah I don’t think it’s too catastrophic, was expecting more disruption

22 minutes ago, Ravanelli said:

I think it’s 8 with the Burnley game being midweek and therefore on TV

Don't forget that the New Year's day match away to Sheff Wed is midweek and will also be covered, that's 9 consecutive games on tv.

32 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah I don’t think it’s too catastrophic, was expecting more disruption

Yeah me too. I think people see the amount of games moved and are annoyed. Its not as bad as I thought. 

55 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Feckin joke, I have a feeling this season will be my last as a season ticket holder, Saturday 3pm home games are becoming rarer than rocking horse poo.

Yes, the EFL seems to think every supporter lives just down the road from the stadium and has no other work or family commitments.

I’ve bought my season ticket so it’s too late but coming up from Bristol is going to be tough based on that schedule.

Luton not ideal being on a Friday night but given their away end is more than likely tiny at least we will get to see the game.  

(and it’s the Mrs birthday on the Saturday so I’ll not be accused of putting football first 👍)

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah me too. I think people see the amount of games moved and are annoyed. Its not as bad as I thought. 

Some of the moves I don’t mind, game to a Sunday is fine. The Boxing Day one probably helps, same with Leeds on 29th.

4 minutes ago, Ravanelli said:

Luton not ideal being on a Friday night but given their away end is more than likely tiny at least we will get to see the game.  

(and it’s the Mrs birthday on the Saturday so I’ll not be accused of putting football first 👍)

According to my calendar, the Friday night football definitely comes before the Saturday birthday for Mrs Rav.

I reckon you'll still be in trouble!  But best o' luck, yeah!   👀

54 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Some of the moves I don’t mind, game to a Sunday is fine. The Boxing Day one probably helps, same with Leeds on 29th.

The boxing day one is the only annoying one really. Leeds was always on the 29th anyway at 3pm. Now it's just at 5.45 instead.

The 12.30 games suck. Every chance I can’t watch my daughter play her Saturday morning game unless she has a 9am.

I think across the board away attendances will be down for those clubs who either only just sell out or don’t sell out.

Just sad that traditions are being lost for corporate greed.

2 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

I think our attendances will be lower this season than last

Well we’ve already sold around 22,000 season tickets, so even if they don’t attend the money is there.

There is likely to be more away fans this season with bigger clubs involved.

There is only 5,000/ 5,500 tickets available on a match day basis so as long as we have a reasonable season on the pitch I can’t see the attendance being down.

Sky TV is f****** s***.

Season ticket holders and away fans are irrelevant. They sold the soul of football and what for - for agents to get rich, bang average one-footed footballers to become millionaires and the very existence of clubs put at risk for the dream of finishing 16th in the premier league. Yay. 

Just announced its broadcast schedule up to January and it appears that all 6 Derby games between Nov 27 and Dec 26 are to be broadcast live. Can’t they please just f*** off. This means a Weds 8pm game, 2 Friday 8pm games, 1 Sat 12.30, Boxing Day 5.30pm and 1 Sunday 3pm game. Didn’t anyone look at that schedule and think it way over the top given there are 20-odd other teams in the division. W️’s.

Edited by Matchday Fred