24/25 Sky TV Coverage

8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Yes we changed to Tue when McClaren came in. We had to get special dispensation from the league to change half-way through the season.

Are you talking about when mac1 took over from Clough, because we played on Tuesdays under Clough?

13 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Are you talking about when mac1 took over from Clough, because we played on Tuesdays under Clough?

I thought it was under wee billy, but only from memory which may be totally wrong.

Seem to remember we were one of the last to change from Wednesday to Tuesday on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I thought it was under wee billy, but only from memory which may be totally wrong.

Seem to remember we were one of the last to change from Wednesday to Tuesday on a regular basis.

I think that you're right, wee billy felt that we were at a disadvantage on the following Saturday when playing teams that had played on the Tuesday. Whereas on the Tuesday it was the same for both teams, having played on the Saturday.

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

I think that you're right, wee billy felt that we were at a disadvantage on the following Saturday when playing teams that had played on the Tuesday. Whereas on the Tuesday it was the same for both teams, having played on the Saturday.

That’s exactly how I remember it, I’ve been wrong before though.😂

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Lunchtime kick offs are hugely inconvenient.

Firstly, it’s a pain with regards to getting food and, secondly, I Runa Saturday morning kids team, and an away match in Buxton will cause logistical headaches.

I know it’s different for all of us but I don’t mind lunchtime kick offs. Saves me kicking my heels all morning waiting to set off for the match. Food isn’t a problems as it just means I have an early lunch sitting in my car. 

Evening kick offs are a pain as I hit commuter traffic on the A38 North and considering how often the A38 south seems to be closed.