Pre season

10 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Preseason or not, Warne must be given a short leash. If the team is in danger of relegation early on I'd sack him and find someone better. 

I am sure you know full well what the owner has said and like last season the moaners will be wasting their breath

Happy to disregard the game after 60 mins. We were ok for about 25 mins prior. As were Barnsley who kept and moved the ball better than we did a lot of the time. If we can’t get it down the line (even if it’s tight to the touchline or congested), we look clueless. The slightest press forces a long ball. Will be painful in the championship unless we get another 4/5 in. 

3 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

This has got to be the worst preseason I’ve ever seen. Warne has to take some slack for this. I’m desperately worried about this season now.

Presumably you meant “flack”.

The first four games, apart from the £5 wasted on the Chesterfield game, I’m not too bothered about. You don’t win the league in June and July. 

In tonight’s games there were flashes of good football but we were way too open for my liking (albeit, mostly after we’d made the changes).

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In tonight’s games there were flashes of good football but we were way too open for my liking (albeit, mostly after we’d made the changes).

That's the problem with claiming that the game would represent the tactical side of our game though.

You'd think that might extend to showing us how we'd deal with going a man down?

If tonight was a representation of such an event happening, it's scary how naive we were.

3 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

That's the problem with claiming that the game would represent the tactical side of our game though.

You'd think that might extend to showing us how we'd deal with going a man down?

If tonight was a representation of such an event happening, it's scary how naive we were.

Exactly. In a real game where the actual result mattered, you’d like to think we’d be less naive.

As daft as it may sound: I was reasonably pleased with the performance from what I saw - although I started watching soon after Hourihane's goal admittedly. I thought we played some really nice football in parts and you could see what the new players bring to the team. 

The last 30 minutes was a mess, compounded with Blackett-Taylor going off injured and us playing with 10 men. I'm no expert, but surely that's not advisable for a preseason friendly? We essentially stopped playing at that point to avoid any further injury. 

My only concern, really, is that we seemingly have had a very disruptive preseason in terms of games. I really think we need to use Saturday's game as test-run for our first game of the season, we need players to try and finish the 90 minutes (or as close as) but I fear that Adams and Cashin who finished today's game looked dead on their feet towards the end of the match. 

I'm not going to comment too much on Vickers - he's had an absolute shocker but I hope it's quickly forgotten. 

We were winning when wholesale changes were made and we were winning at the point Blackett-Taylor went off injured. I fear if people just focus on the result there is a lot of context missed with this game. 

Ok..so wasnt that bad.

Glad he played 4 at the back..( where was Nelson)

Proves we need a new keeper, a good keeper may have saved at least 3 of the goals.

CBT...is proving to be an extremely poor transfer.

He gives it away when he plays or he is always injured..speaking of which, no Ward or Washington as well as Nelson???

1 minute ago, valakari said:

Ok..so wasnt that bad.

Glad he played 4 at the back..( where was Nelson)

Proves we need a new keeper, a good keeper may have saved at least 3 of the goals.

CBT...is proving to be an extremely poor transfer.

He gives it away when he plays or he is always injured..speaking of which, no Ward or Washington as well as Nelson???

Yes pre season injuries stacking up (not Nelson)

31 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hard work gets you out of League One, but hard work alone won't keep us up

And I didn’t say it would. But it’s more tangible, measurable and deliverable than miracles.
Also, I don’t simply mean hard work in matches, more “Hard work” in the broader sense of work on recruitment, work on the training pitch, work on tactics, work on combinations. All of that will help keep us up, won’t it?