Pre season

On 25/07/2024 at 00:09, TuffLuff said:

One final point before bed, whilst he’s not the only one Thompson is looking a lot more bulky and like a professional footballer rather than an academy kid. Dare I say, but think he has the ability to be a stand out player next season.

Thompson is versatile can play anywhere on the left side and central midfield. Shields the ball, breaks up attacks and attacks the opposition. 

Have Owen Bradley and Warne fallen out, Warne hasn’t done one interview with him in pre season I don’t think. I’m not being literal just weird how Barker and Hamshaw have done every post match interview.

40 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Thompson is versatile can play anywhere on the left side and central midfield. Shields the ball, breaks up attacks and attacks the opposition. 

I'm hoping this could be the year Thompson really makes his mark. He came through with a glut of good midfielders really; Knight, Bird, Sibley and Jordan Brown (who has done well since departing). He's the last one standing now and I'm crossing my fingers he steps forward from the shadow of that main 3 and really kicks 🤞

12 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Panic on the streets of Derby
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
"Could life ever be sane again?"
The Leeds side streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Grasmere
But honey pie, you're not safe here
So you run down to the safety of the town
But there's panic on the streets of Carlisle
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
I wonder to myself

No point worrying or getting upset about something you can’t control.

No point panicking about something you can’t control.

No point wasting your money, time and effort about something you can’t control.

No point picking a team, picking out faults, picking a football club to support then not supporting it when there is something you can control.

D.C.F.C back it or pack it in. 🖤 🐏

Absolutely brilliant. I love The Smiths too

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cash 

Wilson Ebou Ozoh Elder 

Jackson Yates NML 

Straight into them today so we don’t have to sit tail between our legs afterwards saying how results in pre season doesn’t matter 👀 

Kenzo, CBT, Collins, Forsyth to all get significant playing time too. Assuming those injured midweek are still injured. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cash 

Wilson Ebou Ozoh Elder 

Jackson Yates NML 

Straight into them today so we don’t have to sit tail between our legs afterwards saying how results in pre season doesn’t matter 👀 

Kenzo, CBT, Collins, Forsyth to all get significant playing time too. Assuming those injured midweek are still injured. 

Not related to any poster but why can’t folk pick NML in his best position which is wide right ?

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not related to any poster but why can’t folk pick NML in his best position which is wide right ?

Probably because he’s our strongest attacker and the right wing has more attacking strength down it than the left with Wilson ahead of Elder 

Would love to see something like 

Vickers

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Osborn

NML Ozoh Kenzo Adams Jackson 

Yates

4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 

It won't be i know but would love to see it 

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Team for Shrewsbury 

Great Osborn and Ward start! Collins and Yates together. Alas no Daj. Barker says Bradley has a tight hamstring. 

Not a fan of the lineup graphics this season if this is how it's going to be. Starting XI is tilted to the side and subs are so small you can't read it properly