Pre season

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Which are the 3 or 4 you think will start?

I see NML, Ebou, Kendo, Cash, Nyambe and maybe Jackson starting.

i hope you’re right though - tonight was dreadful.

Biggest issue for me - we don’t look like scoring and we won’t. We are short of a striker and a creative midfielder IMO.

It's unfair to say we don't look like scoring when we probably should've been 2-0 up inside three minutes. 

I get the feeling that's been the pattern of Jackson's career, though. If he puts those two away then it's a different light on him and the performance. 

1 minute ago, Dan_Ram said:

Adams at fault for the first with the missed interception, Bradley’s poor positioning for the second, keeper completely at fault for the third and lack of communication between Bardell and Robinson for the 4th. 

Highlights for me was Kane Wilson looks quick and fit and is still beating players for fun. Kenzo working hard and trying to make things happen even if it wasn’t quite clicking. NML and Jackson lively but with no end product. Elder decent. Nyambe solid.
Ozoh looked a cut above from his first 20 minutes, ball glued to his feet and always looking for an early through ball + CBT had a little 10 minute lively spell, tricked his way to the by-line a few times and put some good crosses in.

Forest fan mates already lighting up my WhatsApp 🙄

That wasn’t Adams. Cashin was 20 yards up the pitch following someone and the ball was played exactly where he should’ve been. 

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We beat Stoke at home 3-0 last season and then went on to lose our first two home games in League 1.

Pre-season results matter very little, as long as fitness is building and there's no injuries then that's OK. Warne wants about 7 more players to add to the squad, so at least he might get them with scorelines like tonight. I'd rather this happen than win 4-0 and think we're more ready than we are, only to get found out when the important stuff begins.

I understand all this but my god did it ruin a lovely evening out having a few beers with my dad. 

22 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Struggling to see any positives from this game.

Warne will praise it being a good work out for fatigued players, that has taught him a few things about his players…….. like players more knackered than the opposition, have a good chance of conceding more and losing 

Seen the score. This will be quickly forgotten. Disappointed not to give minutes to Brown. Have to assume he's got a knock. 

At this stage it really is still about fitness, but you hope a good style of play is bubbling under. Will presumably also be a kick up the jacksy. 

Edit: And maybe our lack of goal threat is deliberate from Warne, so Clowes will fork out for another striker? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Carl Sagan

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Which are the 3 or 4 you think will start?

I see NML, Ebou, Kendo, Cash, Nyambe and maybe Jackson starting.

i hope you’re right though - tonight was dreadful.

Biggest issue for me - we don’t look like scoring and we won’t. We are short of a striker and a creative midfielder IMO.

Mendez-Laing, Cashin, Wilson and most likely Adams.

Nyambe would be backup RCB/RB, with Cashin, Nelson and a new CB being the starters.

If Jackson is one of our main starters after the transfer window closes then we've failed to sign the players we need. He should only be a rotation option in the wide forward position.

25 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Struggling to see any positives from this game.

Warne will praise it being a good work out for fatigued players, that has taught him a few things about his players……..

🤔 like players more knackered than the opposition, have a good chance of conceding more and losing! 🙄

Chesterfield played that like a cup tie and caught us playing in second gear. Well done them, but at least we'll know what to expect in the Caribao Cup. We've obviously got allot of work to do on cohesion and our passing and finishing needs improvement.

I thought Kenzo looked good and stood up well to some close attention. Jackson a little unlucky not to score but no-one else really shone in a disjointed performance.

4 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Warne under the cosh already. He needs to put the cones and resistance bands away, and find a pattern of play quickly that cannot be easily undone by lower league opposition. Baffling that these players cannot string a few passes together through the middle of the pitch. The strategy has to be deeper and smarter than chucking some long balls into the box hoping that eventually somebody gets a free header.

Only from numpties that read too much into early pre-season friendlies where the main aim is to build up match fitness. 

You’d expect performances to gradually improve as we make our way through the friendlies so, if we look that poor in the final two, I’d be a tad concerned but not yet. Just disappointed (as I would be if Derby lost any game) but relieved it only cost me £5 on Rams TV. Of course I might feel a bit differently if we do the same on Saturday as I’ll be there. 😀

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mendez-Laing, Cashin, Wilson and most likely Adams.

Nyambe would be backup RCB/RB, with Cashin, Nelson and a new CB being the starters.

If Jackson is one of our main starters after the transfer window closes then we've failed to sign the players we need. He should only be a rotation option in the wide forward position.

Kenzo?

Just now, Crewton said:

Chesterfield played that like a cup tie and caught us playing in second gear. Well done them, but at least we'll know what to expect in the Caribao Cup. We've obviously got allot of work to do on cohesion and our passing and finishing needs improvement.

I thought Kenzo looked good and stood up well to some close attention. Jackson a little unlucky not to score but no-one else really shone in a disjointed performance.

No they didn't, that is the way they try to play every game but generally with more tempo  

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

😂 😂 😂 how on earth are you singling CBT out after being on the pitch less than 10 minutes. 

Because he doesn’t like him, a bit like the kid who doesn’t like carrots. TBH .. and this is aimed at @Magicman you really are childlikea d short sighted in your judgments ..I am curious .. how old are you ? 

not that I am ageist .. just want to understand where the lack of rationalism come from. You seems so short sighted and lacking in context. Fine, you’re not fond of a player but it seems like you just decide on a whim. CBT has had few starts, (5) never been fully fit so for most people is an unknown quantity. I don’t know if he’s any good .. not because I am thick but simply because there isn’t enough data on which to base a judgment. Not liking carrots doesn’t cut it.

1 minute ago, dlb said:

No they didn't, that is the way they try to play every game but generally with more tempo  

Apologies, I've never seen them play before. Do they get allot of bookings?

7 minutes ago, SSD said:

The irony of Shaun Barker moaning about the team at Chesterfield. Didn't he make his pre season debut there and from memory had an absolute stinker which made Nigel Clough say out loud to the press, what on earth have we signed here? 🤣

So he is t allowed to comment on the debacle unfolding in front of him because of a preseason game 15 years ago