Retained List

15 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sounds about right to me -Total Rebuild . Warne will need to crack on , integrate new players , decide on a style of play and get them playing like a team that won’t concede many goals but must be able to unlock better defences . Getting them fit is a given .

I hope he has already decided on a style of play and is now looking to recruit players for the specific roles in that style/system/formation.

15 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Hopefully he’s moved on. Wish him well. 

I know clubs that operate a head coach model can make signings without anybody at the helm. But would be surprised to see him go Barnsley whilst they are without a gaffer.

What if HE is the new gaffer?

16 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

So folks I’ve heard from my contact the following:

gone 

Wildsmith 

Waghorn

JJ

gayle 

hourihane 

smith 

forsyth - to be offered some type of coaching 

new contract offered 

Thompson 

collins 

sibley 

barks 

Contract offered to 3-4  out of contract players including these I’ve had confirmed 

Burrows 

Herbie Kane 

Tyrese Campbell 

Could you ask you contact what happened with Forsyth and Smith as according to your post on May 2nd both were being offered new deals?

10 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Could you ask you contact what happened with Forsyth and Smith as according to your post on May 2nd both were being offered new deals?

Contact knows nothing, or doesn't even exist, as according to him we're offering a contract to another team's under contract player 😂

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Most important position on the pitch? Any mistake they make means we’ve conceded. 

Could say the same about a forward missing a sitter or a defender making a howler. Sure we could get a decent enough keeper for less.

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

Contact knows nothing, or doesn't even exist, as according to him we're offering a contract to another team's under contract player 😂

Suspect this might be the case but thought I would probe the inconsistencies. 

43 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

I would be very surprised if Smith was released.

10 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Slow day at work so I've spread sheeted the claims:

image.png.bc969fc4d83dce9481692bd5e6bb7a8e.png

Can you do this for every claimed ITK source we get? 

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

I hope he has already decided on a style of play and is now looking to recruit players for the specific roles in that style/system/formation.

So true. We've had enough of signing players then trying to fit them into a system which they've not been familiar with - recruit the best the budget will buy for specific roles in the set-up we intend to use.

Let’s hope the fact we still haven’t publicised the retained list is not indicative of our summer recruitment as we seem behind everyone. 
Teams are snapping up players already crossing my fingers we are going to get things done early and get some exciting players in COYR

31 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Let’s hope the fact we still haven’t publicised the retained list is not indicative of our summer recruitment as we seem behind everyone. 
Teams are snapping up players already crossing my fingers we are going to get things done early and get some exciting players in COYR

How many signings have their been in the Championship so far, I've not noticed many? These would all be free agents any way as the window for transfers (rather than free agents) doesn't open until 14th June.