The '92 Club'

39 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You guys who weren’t at Crawley in 2011 for our glorious third round FAC exit are clearly plastics. Terrible game, and my umbrella gave up the fight after only 15 minutes. Soggy prawn sandwiches are yuk.

@sage, please note the lengths that full fans will go to for their club!

10 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Out of interest who has seen Derby play at the most grounds in their lifetime ignoring just focus on the current 92 which keeps changing. For example seeing Derby at both the BBG and Pride Park =2. Wembley counts as 1 as same site. 

Now there's a way to pass some time on a quiet day - I might have a count later depending on how the day goes.

I'm not a deliberate'ticker' but I think I'm at around 60 stadiums now, including a few lost stadiums. I wanted to add quite a few more these past two seasons, but the ticket availability in some cases, plus Sky shenanigans, have prevented that. Even so, I'm pleased to have added Exeter, Barnsley, Blackpool, Cheltenham, Lincoln, Morecambe and Port Vale to my list so far.

49 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Out of interest who has seen Derby play at the most grounds in their lifetime ignoring just focus on the current 92 which keeps changing. For example seeing Derby at both the BBG and Pride Park =2. Wembley counts as 1 as same site. 

Clearly it's a slow day for me 😂 After a quick count and including Wembley, I think I've seen Derby play at 120 grounds and bearing in mind I've seen them at 104 club grounds, 105 with Wembley, that's only 15 times I've seen us play away at the new ground of another club which I don't think is that many so I'm sure that there's someone out there who has done more (Mick Derby for definite) and congratulations to them, well done.

Maybe that's the type of away ground I should start to target next as on top of the 5 I've not been to, I think there's 14 clubs that now play at grounds I've not seen us play at. 🤔

Edited by Ilkestonian

I've been to Fellowes Park and Elm Park out of those listed. Most of the other lost grounds I've been to are well known. The only one that might tax a few brains is Bootham Crescent.

Had a quick reckon up purely by glancing at the current 4 x divisions.

Looks like I'm on 

Current:
Prem:  16
Champs:  17
L1:  11 (inc 2 x DCFC)
L2:  6

Total:  50
If I had to take a punt at current non-league, I'd take a stab at 6?  Based on the majority of my full fandom was late 70's/early '80's!  🤣

Some are former grounds (eg Highbury, WHL, Boleyn Ground, Ayresome Park etc... not been to their newer grounds)
I've included both old and new where appropriate (eg Man City x 2, Fester x 2)
And of course, 2 x Derby.

Not counted my sole Wembley visit... our last visit v Villa.
I've counted Wimbledon at MK Hockey stadium, but not MK Dons (or ye olde Wimbledon of That London!)

I did count The Dell, but not counted St Mary's, as I only popped in there for a nosy on a non-match day, as was working next door, and the groundsman's gate was open!  😁

The more "major" clubs/grounds (historically) I've never been to... to my shame... include Leeds, Brum, Sunderland (either),  Fulham, Palace, Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Blackburn.

55 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've been to Fellowes Park and Elm Park out of those listed. Most of the other lost grounds I've been to are well known. The only one that might tax a few brains is Bootham Crescent.

The home of York City till 2021, been there twice 84/85 85/86, drew the first and won 3-1 in the second , neat little ground

2 hours ago, Sufferingfool said:

Damn, I've done both. As I'm sure have many others on here!

On 30/03/2024 at 10:27, SamUltraRam said:

Have we got any forum members who have done, or are close to doing, the current 92 grounds ?

I'm up to 86 now having added Stevenage & Leyton Orient to my list this season.

All but one have been watching Derby

My remaining 6 are Wrexham, Harrogate, Barrow, Colchester, Crawley & Sutton

Obviously several of my list have been at former grounds but they still count

Sorry but old grounds don’t count. To be an official member of ‘the 92 club’ you would need to have seen a 1st team game at each of the current EPL & EFL grounds

3 hours ago, Roboram said:

Sorry but old grounds don’t count. To be an official member of ‘the 92 club’ you would need to have seen a 1st team game at each of the current EPL & EFL grounds

I'm not surprised.  The previous 104 years prior to the premier league don't count, so why should the grounds where games were played.  Must be something about the number 92.  

10 hours ago, Roboram said:

Surely you'd need to have seen your own team play at each ground for it to be noteworthy? 

28 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Has Derby played at all 92 grounds? How many years do we have to go back?

Not all 92 current league grounds - not Harrogate or Sutton for sure.