The '92 Club'

14 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Every journey begins with a single step grasshopper.😔

Unfortunately i dont go to away games as i cant relax and enjoy the game/dont want the time taken away from me meanwhile i can go derby and be back home in no time. im happy to just keep going to pride park. only reason i went to notts county ground was because didier drogba was playing 🤣

48 minutes ago, BatRam said:

im at 2... pride park and and notts countys ground ahahahahaahah

I read that as pride park and the county ground. Christ, I thought, he's been going for more than 100 years and saw them at the county ground but never went to the BBG!

My first away game was Villa Park in 1969. Carlisle away this season took me up to 86 although some are now outside the football league. 

I'm looking forward to visiting the new Spurs stadium asap although I've been to White Hart Lane more than once so it wouldn't increase my total.

49 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I read that as pride park and the county ground. Christ, I thought, he's been going for more than 100 years and saw them at the county ground but never went to the BBG!

Im gutted i never got chance to go to the BBG

Seen Derby play at 55 league grounds, all prior to 1980, plus Wembley for our Charity Shield victory, with old Wembley and Hampden Park for England internationals, and new Wembley for our 2007 play off win.

Cycled to see Derby at the Baseball Ground, then away games at Notts County, Lincoln, Stoke (and another postponed after setting out!), Rotherham, Huddersfield, Walsall, Coventry, Northampton and Luton, all in the early 1960s. Also rode to Florist's ground to see Stanley Mathews play one of his final games for Stoke.

And by rail or air to  five of the European / UEFA Cup games away, plus the away Anglo French Friendship Cup game in 1962 versus A S Bitteroise of Beziers.

4 hours ago, BatRam said:

Im gutted i never got chance to go to the BBG

I loved (don't tell @Archied 😉) the BBG, but if I'm honest I think that those that are too young to have savoured it would find it rather disappointing. Having 20000 (ok, slight exaggeration) crammed onto the Popside, everyone moving in unison (because if one person moved the whole bloody lot of us had to move), and I won't even mention the bogs (definitely the right name because they resembled a bog much more than a toilet). I think that as a one off experience they would love it, but having to go through that whole cow herd experience every week I don't think would appeal. God I miss the old place 😔. I miss the smell of the place, especially at night. Football for me has that smell, but of the few memories that I seem to have retained at my age I can still smell and taste the BBG. Football for me now is too sterile, especially with the "big" clubs demanding everything for themselves leaving not even scraps for the rest. Brian Clough would hate today's football, and nobody would have to shop him to the police because he'd be on the TV every day screaming it at the top of his voice.

9 hours ago, richinspain said:

I loved (don't tell @Archied 😉 the BBG 

Agree ...

I think that those that are too young to have savoured it would find it rather disappointing.

Disagree ...

Football for me now is too sterile

Agree ...

having to go through that whole cow herd experience every week I don't think would appeal

Disagree ...

17 hours ago, richinspain said:

I loved (don't tell @Archied 😉) the BBG, but if I'm honest I think that those that are too young to have savoured it would find it rather disappointing. Having 20000 (ok, slight exaggeration) crammed onto the Popside, everyone moving in unison (because if one person moved the whole bloody lot of us had to move), and I won't even mention the bogs (definitely the right name because they resembled a bog much more than a toilet). I think that as a one off experience they would love it, but having to go through that whole cow herd experience every week I don't think would appeal. God I miss the old place 😔. I miss the smell of the place, especially at night. Football for me has that smell, but of the few memories that I seem to have retained at my age I can still smell and taste the BBG. Football for me now is too sterile, especially with the "big" clubs demanding everything for themselves leaving not even scraps for the rest. Brian Clough would hate today's football, and nobody would have to shop him to the police because he'd be on the TV every day screaming it at the top of his voice.

i mean from the pictures it did look a bit of a dump by todays standards but obviously all the history and success was with that ground wasnt it 

Currently on 80 of the current grounds and somewhere around 120 altogether. I only count current grounds in my total but each to their own. 

I pray for a league 2 away tie in every cup competition, then pray again I can get a ticket.

Now only missing Leyton Orient in this division. In the Prem, I haven't done Brentfords new ground but had been to Griffin Park...which I now don't count!

Championship done.

Have no interest in going to games not involving us so doubt I'll ever get to 92.

Hit the 80 mark in the home end at Bristol Rovers...what a lovely bunch😳. Although it was a great sight watching the Derby fans celebrate opposite in what I consider to be possibly our best performance this season.