Mounting a tele

Any techies on here that can help?

Basically got a new bedroom TV.

32 inch same as the old one but a smart tv. Already got my bracket on the wall but new tv has different screw size holes. 
what size screws would I need to order?

23 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

32 inch same as the old one but a smart tv. Already got my bracket on the wall but new tv has different screw size holes. 

What size is your screwdriver. Is it a left or right handed one?

7 hours ago, McMuffin said:

I've just mounted one at the weekend.  Existing TV.  New wall Bracket from Costco... which came with TEN(!) sets of (x4) bolts, presumably "To suit all TV's"!

I guess that's the task you are up against.
Suggest you ask the same question of Google, but add the all important TV Make, model, serial numbers etc.

Alternatively, if you're local, you can pop round to mine, and take my leftover 9 sets, in the hope that I haven't just used the same set that you need!

*I'm in Chad.

EDIT:

Just checked the Costco blurb...

Mine came with:
M4 x 12 & 35
M6 x 12, 20 & 35
M8 x 16, 20, 30, 40 & 50

Can't remember which set I needed/used, but I could check this evening as each pouch is marked up, and only one pouch has been opened.  The remaining sets are in my shed, and are literally now surplus.

There was something about spacers too, but mine didn't need any, so there's those going spare too!

Shout up if any good to you.   Might save a painful Google search!

🍻

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've just mounted one at the weekend.  Existing TV.  New wall Bracket from Costco... which came with TEN(!) sets of (x4) bolts, presumably "To suit all TV's"!

I guess that's the task you are up against.
Suggest you ask the same question of Google, but add the all important TV Make, model, serial numbers etc.

Alternatively, if you're local, you can pop round to mine, and take my leftover 9 sets, in the hope that I haven't just used the same set that you need!

*I'm in Chad.

EDIT:

Just checked the Costco blurb...

Mine came with:
M4 x 12 & 35
M6 x 12, 20 & 35
M8 x 16, 20, 30, 40 & 50

Can't remember which set I needed/used, but I could check this evening as each pouch is marked up, and only one pouch has been opened.  The remaining sets are in my shed, and are literally now surplus.

There was something about spacers too, but mine didn't need any, so there's those going spare too!

Shout up if any good to you.   Might save a painful Google search!

🍻

It’s helpful stuff like this that makes me despair of this forum.

If you're drilling into plasterboard the best thing you can buy is a stud finder (which should keep the punmeisters amused for at least two pages). If you don't you're at risk of the whole thing ending up on the floor. If you're drilling into Victorian brick you need about three hours, five drills and about six cans of Lucozade to keep you going.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

If you're drilling into plasterboard the best thing you can buy is a stud finder (which should keep the punmeisters amused for at least two pages). If you don't you're at risk of the whole thing ending up on the floor. If you're drilling into Victorian brick you need about three hours, five drills and about six cans of Lucozade to keep you going.

I think the OP was referring to bolts that connect the TV bracket to the stern of the TV.

Fixing the bracket to the wall is a different matter entirely.  So much so, I'd politely suggest you start a new thread on that particular world of wonderment!
(I'll be looking out for it, with equal gusto and fevered anticipation!).

😄

Being serious a moment: Did the TV not come with a base/ shelf stand for you to fit? Those bolts are usually the same as the wall mount fixing. You can measure the hole in the bracket, which hopefully is bigger than the hole in the TV. Measure hole in TV and estimate its depth. I would expect an M8 but no idea on length.

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

... Mine came with:
M4 x 12 & 35
M6 x 12, 20 & 35
M8 x 16, 20, 30, 40 & 50

Not only can I check, but check I have!  😁

Turns out, it was the M6 x 12 that I used... just how utterly interesting is that!  How many of you guessed correctly?   🤪

The rest of that list remains available for the OP... should they still have the need.

For reference, I am at the game tonight, and I suppose I could hand them over prior to the game... but I care to imagine that a two foot long plastic bag tube thing, sealed to individual pouches each containing said steel bolts... with accompanying steel washers... could possibly be construed as "The most lethal weapon taken inside a UK football stadium since @ossieram was a lad"! 👀
So that's possibly a really, really silly idea!  🤣

Over to you, @McMuffin... But thanks for the excitement, however this turns out.  🍻

On 11/03/2024 at 22:17, McMuffin said:

Not sure you need a techie for this job. Handyman/women/tv perhaps.