24/25 Kits

SECornerRAM

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

I bought six shirts at the end of the season before the one just finished - as there was none on them when made (and they will last me a decade or more).  I can't stand being a walking advert; but certainly not for a bookmaker or for weight loss surgery.

I think they should offer a plain one, but maybe make it a little more expensive. 

People continuing to misunderstand previous posts clearly stating that the sleeve sponsor won’t be on the shirts for sale.

11 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Have you seen the kit with the main sponsor on it? or are you talking about the shorts and sleeve sponsors? 

replica kits don’t come with shorts and sleeve sponsors. How is no one getting this? I feel like I’ve slipped into an alternate reality.

Nevermind, the picture I saw made it look like they were the main sponsor rather than the sleeve sponsor.. My bad

5 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

People continuing to misunderstand previous posts clearly stating that the sleeve sponsor won’t be on the shirts for sale.

No, it was a general point about being a walking advert.  I do not wish to walk around with some holiday lettings business; some predatory gambling firm; a takeaway delivery service etc.  

Some people, myself being one, will only buy a strip if they do not have the aforementioned.  Having gone into the club shop on many occasions during  the past season I can assure you that there was advertising on all (bar children's) club replica kits.  

I have no issue with it being on the players.  

8 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

No, it was a general point about being a walking advert.  I do not wish to walk around with some holiday lettings business; some predatory gambling firm; a takeaway delivery service etc.  

Some people, myself being one, will only buy a strip if they do not have the aforementioned.  Having gone into the club shop on many occasions during  the past season I can assure you that there was advertising on all (bar children's) club replica kits.  

I have no issue with it being on the players.  

You can request not to have jamming sponsorship. 

Could be completely wrong here, although I’m led to believe the club don’t actually make a lot of money from shirt sales, the manufacturer (Puma) and Fanatics will take the larger percentages.

Sponsorship money far outweighs them and that includes the main sponsor turning fans into walking billboards that will walk the streets, sit in the pubs, grounds with the shirt for many years after their sponsorship ends.

End of the day, it’s just another way of supporting the club, it’s not a compulsory purchase, you always have training tops if you’re wanting that cleaner Derby top. 

Cheaper tickets, shirts, sponsorless shirts, all the usual demands not only hit the owner in the pocket, also lowers revenue which in turn our ability to spend on the playing team with the P&S rules in place. Made me laugh when those lot down the A52 kicked off over a season ticket increase yet didn’t see this coming when they spunked millions on building a squad of 60 players.

Clubs rely on supporters willing to support the club financially.

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You can request not to have jamming sponsorship. 

I do not believe this is on offer - they would need to create new shirts specifically, which would be challenging - and I suspect the sponsor would - understandably - object (unless this has been pre-agreed).

As I say, fortunately for me there was one season that the option was available - as we had not had a sponsor, so I stocked up with those kits for a decade or more.

As others have commented, some people do not like wearing sponsors (particularly when they disagree with them - Betting companies; Islamic fans and beer, etc).  It does feel like something that could be offered as a premium product - like a streaming account without adverts.  

Edited by CBX1985

15 hours ago, jimbobram said:

image.png.c8ffed87bf672d24b852baa684633d84.png

From the small hints the club has given us on the shirt, it looks very similar to this shirt. (just without the quality player in it)

Maybe it will be released with a quality player in it (fingers crossed for Ebou Adams).

2 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I do not believe this is on offer - they would need to create new shirts specifically, which would be challenging - and I suspect the sponsor would - understandably - object (unless this has been pre-agreed).

As I say, fortunately for me there was one season that the option was available - as we had not had a sponsor, so I stocked up with those kits for a decade or more.

As others have commented, some people do not like wearing sponsors (particularly when they disagree with them - Betting companies; Islamic fans and beer, etc).  It does feel like something that could be offered as a premium product - like a streaming account without adverts.  

Not sure how that ended up as jamming. Was meant to be gambling. When we had 32red yoi could request to have it without. 

24 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Not sure how that ended up as jamming. Was meant to be gambling. When we had 32red yoi could request to have it without. 

Thanks; I didn't know that.  I know you usually cannot, but I guess they had to create a children's kits without (so had the kit pre-designed for that) - and someone could say my child is too tall for them and has to wear a gambling firm all over the place.

It is why Heineken use the non alcoholic 0.0% version on their advertising.  

6 hours ago, eddielewis said:

It could be worse you could be Barrow with a shirt sponsor telling you to emigrate out of the country image.thumb.png.f34ce06c23a6719a6c87becd96e4de28.png

Not sure about that design, looks like a submarine is sailing out of or into the puma's anus?