Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, my Ipswich fan mate said the same.

He was 18/19 when he was at Ipswich, to be fair. Younger than what Whittaker was when we sold him to Swansea. 

Parrott was very highly regarded coming through the academy at Spurs, he made his Premier League debut at 17. He went on loan to MK Dons at 19 and did relatively well. Struggled in the Championship the following season with form and fitness, but has had a really good loan spell in Eredivsie this time out, having just turned 22. 

He’s been exposed to first team football from a young age, always on loan, which isn’t easy for some players. We’ve had a ton of talented young players come on loan throughout our history and struggle: Whittingham, Bannan, Mengi to name three off the top of my head. 

Liam Delap was another who went out on loan, arguably too young and struggled. He came into himself at Hull and played well. I would back Parrott to have a similar impact, personally. I will never be against us taking high ceiling prospects, ideally on permanent deals, rather than developmental loans. 

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was 18/19 when he was at Ipswich, to be fair. Younger than what Whittaker was when we sold him to Swansea. 

Parrott was very highly regarded coming through the academy at Spurs, he made his Premier League debut at 17. He went on loan to MK Dons at 19 and did relatively well. Struggled in the Championship the following season with form and fitness, but has had a really good loan spell in Eredivsie this time out, having just turned 22. 

He’s been exposed to first team football from a young age, always on loan, which isn’t easy for some players. We’ve had a ton of talented young players come on loan throughout our history and struggle: Whittingham, Bannan, Mengi to name three off the top of my head. 

Liam Delap was another who went out on loan, arguably too young and struggled. He came into himself at Hull and played well. I would back Parrott to have a similar impact, personally. I will never be against us taking high ceiling prospects, ideally on permanent deals, rather than developmental loans. 

Watching his goals on YouTube Dutch football looks pants.

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

8 goals in 41 games for MK Dons….relatively well??

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

8 goals in 41 games for MK Dons….relatively well??

For a 19 year old who also had 7 assists, therefore 15 goal involvements. I’d say that’s relatively well. I know that no 19 year old in League One this season got remotely close to those numbers, for reference. 

38 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Watching his goals on YouTube Dutch football looks pants.

Florists made the big mistake of paying £30 mill for a player that looked world class in Dutch football.

GK:

Marek Rodak - Free

Adam Davies - Free

Viljami Sinisalo - Loan

Carl Rushworth - Loan

DEF:

Paddy McNair - Free

Ben Gibson - Free

Nathanael Ogbeta - Free

Dan Potts - Free

MID:

Liam Walsh - Free

Nathaniel Chalobah - Free

FOR:

Aaron Connolly - Free

Liam Delap - Loan

Ian Poveda - Free

10 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

GK:

Marek Rodak - Free

Adam Davies - Free

Viljami Sinisalo - Loan

Carl Rushworth - Loan

DEF:

Paddy McNair - Free

Ben Gibson - Free

Nathanael Ogbeta - Free

Dan Potts - Free

MID:

Liam Walsh - Free

Nathaniel Chalobah - Free

FOR:

Aaron Connolly - Free

Liam Delap - Loan

Ian Poveda - Free

Aaron Connolly always looks a good player.

Not sure I’d take many of the others.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

The two bolded points are why he'd be in Warne list of loan targets (see his comments from last season prior to signing John-Jules as a reference). He's now at an age where he should start showing more consistency and would be worth the risk as one of 4 or 5 CFs for a front 2.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

For a 19 year old who also had 7 assists, therefore 15 goal involvements. I’d say that’s relatively well. I know that no 19 year old in League One this season got remotely close to those numbers, for reference. 

When I saw him playing for MK Dons that season, firstly against Plymouth on the final day when they beat them 5-0, and then in the playoff games I'm pretty sure he was playing off one of the wings, so he may have played wide in many of the other games too, which obviously affects his "8 goals in 41 games" stat.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

When I saw him playing for MK Dons that season, firstly against Plymouth on the final day when they beat them 5-0, and then in the playoff games I'm pretty sure he was playing off one of the wings, so he may have played wide in many of the other games too, which obviously affects his "8 goals in 41 games" stat.

MK Dons 21/22. 47 games played, 10 goals, 7 assists.

Transfermarkt have him down as: CF (23), RW (10), LW (4), SS (1), AM (1), and 8 sub apps.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

MK Dons 21/22. 47 games played, 10 goals, 7 assists.

Transfermarkt have him down as: CF (23), RW (10), LW (4), SS (1), AM (1), and 8 sub apps.

Well there we go then, all of a sudden the stats are looking excellent for a 19 year old. If he can cover all of the attacking positions whether we're playing a front 1, 2 or 3 then that's another tick in the box for him 👍

5 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Seen talk about Parrott. he would be a brilliant signing, if we could strike a deal with Spurs. Not bothered about loaning him, though.

He also works very hard and would suit us perfectly in that sense. Works very well in a front two when I’ve seen him for Ireland also. Sadly we should have tried to get him for last season to have any chance. PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax are all interested in him and 2 or 3 of them are expected to make bids. We can’t compete with them financially and they can offer European football.

28 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Aaron Connolly always looks a good player.

Not sure I’d take many of the others.

Aaron Connolly is everything Warne hates. He cares about money, girls and going out more so than football. Always has attitude problems and is known for being a bit of a knob.