Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Well, that’s one team to finish below us . Wazza left us to spend more time with Coleeeeen  ( so we were told). His biggest success as a manager was staying up on the last day . Thanks to Marlon Pack . Last throw of the dice now . 

In fairness to him, he'd have comfortably kept us without the 21 points deduction, in fact we were on course to overcome even that handicap until the EFL forced us to lose players in the January transfer window. He help create a fantastic atmosphere and togetherness during that season and I was disappointed in him when he cut and run. Part of me thinks that it was out of embarrassment that he was fully taken in by Kirchner.

39 minutes ago, JfR said:

Interesting twist in this one. Thought I'd post it here, as a few have mentioned him.

I believe it was his bar some of the lads were drinking in on the Sunday after promotion, the video of Rooney singing wonderwall that did the rounds was in there….i think… maybe the lads were able to put in the odd slurred word for the club…

10 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Hopefully!

He would be a perfect signing. Local lad, championship experience, within the right age portfolio and a versatile player.

The versatility is huge benefit - an upgrade on Korey Smith in a similar type of role. I think he's a player who Warne would like to work with as well, so it potentially could happen. 

He has been playing LB/LWB more recently too which is obviously a benefit for us - especially if Sibs leaves for pastures new. 

15 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

How much have we got to spend? 

No idea but everything points towards DC wanting to run the Club sensibly. Quite right in my opinion so there will only be so much allocated for new players, hence the restriction. 

10 hours ago, JfR said:

Interesting twist in this one. Thought I'd post it here, as a few have mentioned him.

Think this would be a great signing, I'm an old romantic when it comes to local lads and fans of the club playing for us, they give you that extra 10% when it's needed. Also experienced and versatile which we need stepping up, yes from me.

10 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I believe it was his bar some of the lads were drinking in on the Sunday after promotion, the video of Rooney singing wonderwall that did the rounds was in there….i think… maybe the lads were able to put in the odd slurred word for the club…

Yeah it’s called The Lonely Boy, it’s in Borrowash. Again would make sense as I believe he grew up in Spondon and I’d imagine still has family around in the area. Be a great signing.

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Hopefully!

He would be a perfect signing. Local lad, championship experience, within the right age portfolio and a versatile player.

Rather have the winger from Oxford…

I do wonder what the breakdown of our transfers will be and what people want it to be. 

Let’s say we sign, 2 GK’s, 1 LWB, 1 CB, 3/4 CM, 1 Winger, 2/3 Strikers. 11/12 signings in total. 

Id hope it’d be 2 players 18-22, 3 players 29+ and the other 6/7 between 23-28. First season back we should be building something for the years to come so I hope we don’t get more than 2 loans in which we will never be able to make permanent. 

27 minutes ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Seriously? An ex 11 million Cardiff flop whose had a purple patch on TV over a local lad with prem experience whose never dropped below champ level. S

Yes, seriously. He had a good season last season, not just the play off final. What has Osborne done other than score that last minute winner against us. J

32 minutes ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Seriously? An ex 11 million Cardiff flop whose had a purple patch on TV over a local lad with prem experience whose never dropped below champ level. S

5 goals in 115 games 😉

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, seriously. He had a good season last season, not just the play off final. What has Osborne done other than score that last minute winner against us. J

No he hasn't. All his league goal contributions (6G, 5A) came in 12 game purple patch in the second half of the season. Reminiscent of Nick Blackman. 

Osborne has consistent output championship level(266apps, 19G, 33a) and notched 61 prem appearances. Has a high work rate and is positionally versatile. Makes more sense for a smaller squad. Knows and lives in the area, won't take time to settle. 

2 hours ago, BOB BIGGS said:

No idea but everything points towards DC wanting to run the Club sensibly. Quite right in my opinion so there will only be so much allocated for new players, hence the restriction. 

Luton got promoted on a shoestring, so not sure we can use tight funds as an excuse for inept performances due to poor signings. 

If we spend £2.5m this summer and finish 14th, thats fair in my book. But spend that and go down and thats on Warne and recruitment.