Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

On 06/07/2024 at 12:13, IlsonDerby said:

weren’t QPR actually quite exciting last season once they’d got their new progressive gaffer in? 

Sorry this is a massive tangent but your post has just reminded me. Ilias Chair was a big part of the late season improvement and excitement for them, he's a quality player and I'm baffled he hasn't left them over the years. 

But I remember reading he was sentenced to prison (in Belgium I think?) for damaging a man's skull in a fight. Through some legal loophole he's been able to keep playing! With the NML situation recently, it's an interesting comparison. QPR seemingly have never had any intention of stopping him playing for them despite the seriousness of the crime (alleged crime? I'm not sure of the exact situation) 

Anyway, not a transfer suggestion sorry, but an interesting point I thought.

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I imagine it's more to do with playing in his natural position than as utility, than the money offered.  The scenario you suggest certainly happened after the play off in 14.  We offered Bryson a contract over 20k a week to secure his services.  Some others had the match highest earning player in their contracts.  I can't imagine that's the case now.  

Even if not included in their contracts, it can upset other team members if they think that other players, no better than themselves, are getting much better contracts. 

Sibley has achieved nothing special over the last 2 seasons and I wouldn't be happy if I was another first team player on less money than he would have been, with a new deal. I would be banging on the door, asking for an improved deal.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Even if not included in their contracts, it can upset other team members if they think that other players, no better than themselves, are getting much better contracts. 

Sibley has achieved nothing special over the last 2 seasons and I wouldn't be happy if I was another first team player on less money than he would have been, with a new deal. I would be banging on the door, asking for an improved deal.

I'm not sure you would discuss that salary though?  .   I recall Sturridge had an accident on the A38 on his way to pick up a Chinese takeaway on a Friday night and his salary was discussed in court and he was getting 10k a goal but also had the maximum club fine to consider.   They had to renegotiate some contracts based on that which kind of expediated his leaving.  Can't see it as common though unless it's forced into public domain.  Either way, you negotiate your own value at the time of signing and renegotiate if you have a year left.  works both ways. You won't take less money should the club try to renegotiate if your sat on the bench and your the best paid player.  If a players doing well, a club will sell at the maximum cash opportunity or renegotiate to hold on without a prompt. 

I was talking to some friends who are involved at Lincoln. They made it no secrets they're trying really hard to get that Taylor back from Luton. He wants first team football, doesn't seem he'll get it and Luton are prepared to sell. Said that's why they're having to sell others to make the money for him. 

Despite him not having his shooting boots on against us, he scored 22 in 46 last season split half in half between league two and league one. Absolutely rapid and had Cashin on toast. He's only 21 too, I'd be all over him.

I think Dane Scarlett would be the better forward option from Spurs if we're able to get him on loan. However, he was in and around the first team squad last season, so unless they sign a striker or two they will probably want him there for the season.

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Big Trav aired it as a suggestion a while ago, obviously not sure if it was merely a suggestion or not. We know for sure that we’ve been watching his games at the very least. 

I would take him. Season long loan with a look to a permanent deal when his contract runs out with Spurs. 

28 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I was talking to some friends who are involved at Lincoln. They made it no secrets they're trying really hard to get that Taylor back from Luton. He wants first team football, doesn't seem he'll get it and Luton are prepared to sell. Said that's why they're having to sell others to make the money for him. 

Despite him not having his shooting boots on against us, he scored 22 in 46 last season split half in half between league two and league one. Absolutely rapid and had Cashin on toast. He's only 21 too, I'd be all over him.

All of us that were at the Lincoln away game saw this lad leave Cashin floundering. But have we forgotten that it is now Mo-Bob , sat at his computer looking at stats , who will be picking out players . 

12 minutes ago, roboto said:

I think Dane Scarlett would be the better forward option from Spurs if we're able to get him on loan. However, he was in and around the first team squad last season, so unless they sign a striker or two they will probably want him there for the season.

Troy Parrott is far superior to Dane Scarlett in my opinion. Scarlett has 6 goals and 1 assists across 69 games and 3 clubs. Troy Parrott 33 goals and 11 assists in 131 games since 2020. Parrott also has played on the wing multiple times and works harder than Scarlett. Parrott has also scored 5 international goals in 23 caps with majority of those caps as a sub. 

49 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Very quick player and good close control.  Couldn't shoot on target against us but was his first game and he was burying them after. I'd be surprised Luton have no use for him.  If not, I'd take him here in a heartbeat.  

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Troy Parrott is far superior to Dane Scarlett in my opinion. Scarlett has 6 goals and 1 assists across 69 games and 3 clubs. Troy Parrott 33 goals and 11 assists in 131 games since 2020. Parrott also has played on the wing multiple times and works harder than Scarlett. Parrott has also scored 5 international goals in 23 caps with majority of those caps as a sub. 

While I respect your opinion, I have links with Spurs through work and go over to their training ground from time to time. Last time I was there (a couple of months back) I was chatting about forward prospects and the consensus is that Scarlett is seen as the better prospect.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

While I respect your opinion, I have links with Spurs through work and go over to their training ground from time to time. Last time I was there (a couple of months back) I was chatting about forward prospects and the consensus is that Scarlett is seen as the better prospect.

I could see that, although Scarlett has struggled out on loan, he's always been well-regarded at Spurs & England. 

I think Parrott is a more accomplished player at present, but wouldn't surprise me if Scarlett has the better career. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

All of us that were at the Lincoln away game saw this lad leave Cashin floundering. But have we forgotten that it is now Mo-Bob , sat at his computer looking at stats , who will be picking out players . 

Paul Warne and David Clowes were also at that game.

2 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Totally agree! He ran us ragged and was a real handful -would be a marquee signing if we could get him but I’m not building up my hopes,sadly.

Interesting that Langstaff has gone to Millwall for a reported £700k. Such an impressive career goalscoring record, I would have gone for him if the fee was in that ballpark and wages were manageable. 

35 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting that Langstaff has gone to Millwall for a reported £700k. Such an impressive career goalscoring record, I would have gone for him if the fee was in that ballpark and wages were manageable. 

Going to be fascinated to see how he does. He’s scored a boat load of goals at National League level and a fair few at league 2. To me, he’s a Jack Marriott type who doesn’t fit in most systems and 27 is late to be making this step up. Likely reflected in the price.