Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

5 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Paris Maghoma allegedly signing for Bolton for £1m. Would’ve liked him at Derby, would be nice to see us make a signing in that sort of fee as well.

Really good signing for them on a permanent deal, technically looked the part. I really do fancy Bolton to finally get it done next season, but they need to sort their defence out - it's honking. 

9 hours ago, SILVERFOXTHERAMSFAN said:

Dylan Williams to Burton from Chelsea on loan. I would have liked to see him back with us.

Great signing and they have the right to buy at the end. 

Dear I say burton are going for it. 

Maybe take a few years but making big steps 

On 03/07/2024 at 08:16, Ambitious said:

Now we know what we're left with with Sibley gone, along with Collins resigned (as well as Jackson, Yates & Osborn). 

I make it: 
2x goalkeepers
1x left back
1x right-sided CB
1x defensive midfield
1x central midfield (potentially Kenzo Goudmijn)
1x central midfield/attacking midfielder
1x left sided winger, attacker.
1/2x striker

I think we're probably done with players on the right, with: Nyambe, Wilson, Ward, Rooney, Jackson, Barkhuizen & Mendez-Laing. 

I concur on all of this but it serves to highlight how much work is still to be done this summer. On one hand it’s very exciting to see who we’ll bring in for those attacking positions.

But in particular, I think you need another body for defensive midfield - I felt towards the end of last season we’d struggle if Ebou went down injured and there was no natural replacement for him.

We’ll likely have him back again but the issue is the exact same and, if we’re being harsh, he’s not exactly a proven championship player. I fully expect he’ll have another belter season for us but it’s in the range of outcomes that he gets injured/doesn't make the step up.

Assuming Ebou signs and plays in whatever formation we’re playing, I feel like you need to sign another ‘destroyer’ because let’s say you get Goudmijn and (here’s hoping) Bobby Clark for those other spots, you’re currently relying on Fornah to fill in/compete with him.

Could I respectfully Suggest to DCFC that we now have enough players who are are going to be 30 or 30+ during the coming season . We have lost Bird , Sibley, Knight and almost Cashin recently . Lots of clubs around us are producing and buying in young players . Improving them and making 10’s of £ millions . Can we please have a bit of that ?

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Could I respectfully Suggest to DCFC that we now have enough players who are are going to be 30 or 30+ during the coming season . We have lost Bird , Sibley, Knight and almost Cashin recently . Lots of clubs around us are producing and buying in young players . Improving them and making 10’s of £ millions . Can we please have a bit of that ?

How many of those 30+ players will be regular starters though? Only Nelson and Menez-Laing IMO. The others are mostly fringe players, a couple may even be avaiable for transfer

On 03/07/2024 at 17:25, TomTom92 said:

Paris Maghoma allegedly signing for Bolton for £1m. Would’ve liked him at Derby, would be nice to see us make a signing in that sort of fee as well.

Bolton Press saying this isn’t happening and he’s likely being loaned to the Championship. 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How many of those 30+ players will be regular starters though? Only Nelson and Menez-Laing IMO. The others are mostly fringe players, a couple may even be avaiable for transfer

Callum Elder is another one who will be 30 during the season . Him and Sonny B are two of the managers favourites. Please don’t tell me we have a youthful team with LEGS ! 

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So Osborne and Jackson wont be playing then ?🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Callum Elder is another one who will be 30 during the season . Him and Sonny B are two of the managers favourites. Please don’t tell me we have a youthful team with LEGS ! 

So you're saying we currently have 2 29 year olds who will be battling it out to play at LWB.

You also name Jackson, who at 30, has only had 2 seasons in his career as a regular starter, most recently in 19/20 when he started just 28 games.... he won't be a regular starter for us either.

Bradley also only started 17 games for us in L1 - I'll be surprised and very dissapointed if he has a bigger role this season. He hasn't started more than 50% of games since 20/21.

9 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

This season we need to ensure we don’t get relegated, so if that means relying on some over 30’s as opposed to untried youngsters with potential then so be it.

So , no plan for the future then ? Just fighting relegation with Sonny B and Co . You aren’t giving me much to look forward to . 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So you're saying we currently have 2 29 year olds who will be battling it out to play at LWB.

You also name Jackson, who at 30, has only had 2 seasons in his career as a regular starter, most recently in 19/20 when he started just 28 games.... he won't be a regular starter for us either.

Bradley also only started 17 games for us in L1 - I'll be surprised and very dissapointed if he has a bigger role this season. He hasn't started more than 50% of games since 20/21.

Could I respectfully turn the conversation around and please tell me the names of the young players( regulars )  that we are going to improve and perhaps make money on ? ( Cashin is a given) . 

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So , no plan for the future then ? Just fighting relegation with Sonny B and Co . You aren’t giving me much to look forward to . 

Cashin, Rooney, Nyambe, Wilson, Fornah, Thompson, DRobinson, Blackett-Taylor are 26 and under. 

We've been very strongly linked to signing Doudmijn (22) and Hinshelwood (19), with rumours for Dembele (21) and Al-Hamadi (22)