Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Norwich signed Pukki for free from Denmark so someone similar would do 🙂

I'd expect it to be someone who is running out of contract because the values of contracted players are surely out of our range. 

Portsmouth fc rumours:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/latest-portsmouth-out-to-bring-in-chelsea-midfielder-as-former-huddersfield-town-man-leaves-strong-impression-on-finale-4616621

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/abu-kamara-featured-50-times-for-pompey-over-the-course-of-the-2023-24-season-scoring-10-goals-4616652

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/portsmouth-eyeing-move-for-crystal-palace-starlet/

The obvious response is, it's portsmouth fc click bait. So many times our club gets linked with players who might be capable of strengthening our team and doing a good job for us and then those rumours aren't true.

With Portsmouth fc we might see more of the rumours have a grain of truth in them. Portsmouth fc strengthen.

I think it's wise to consider players who might strengthen us and have experience playing at in the UK.

It feels like a repeat of last summer, when I thought why are we bring in these players. Many has established career injury records, many were over 30 and many were not regulars in their current teams. Many came on big salaries.

I'm hoping we are not repeating that.

Last year the championship teams who spent a lot of money building their teams did well and those who didn't had a relegation fight.

Even in a relegation fight you need to be able to reach a certain points total for survival. You need players young enough and fit enough to not be beaten every game.

15 hours ago, YouRams said:

Warnes latest interview he's said they've already got a list of championship targets they're going to Holland and Denmark to watch a couple of players too, going to be an exciting summer! 

Love the idea of bringing in some young exiting Dutch players . We could also bring Steve McLaren back to help out with any language problems . 

12 hours ago, U.M. said:

I think he is definitely one we should  consider. Young player with good positional flexibility (LB LWB and CB - in a 3, too short for a 4).  Allows Sibley to play in his correct position.

(also I can't say I agree that Sibley is a better LB )

A better human then.

I wonder why they are travelling to different countries? 

All clubs have wyscout or similar don’t they which allows you to watch any game and focus on any particular player? 

I wonder if it’s to actually speak to targets as a decision won’t be made based on 1 performance (unless we’ve gone backwards in terms of recruitment again) 

19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Joel Randall of Peterborough would be on my list. Clever attacking midfield player who is still improving at 24.

Id have him on one condition and it would be in writing in his contract.. he pulls his socks up and stops thinking he's Grealish.

Based on only free agents from Denmark available this summer, these are perhaps the more likely possibilities...

CBs:

Filip Helander. Previously at Rnagers for a few years but spent most of that spell out injured. Typically plays on the left of a back 3,so could be cover for Cashin and in the middle - replacing the role I would expect of Forsyth 

Screenshot_20240505_074723_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8e9e435765dc8e8cc1f3b3ac1d229c9e.jpg

Matti Olsen - typically plays on the right of a back 3. Competition for Nelson and Nyambe if we loan Rooney our or if Nelson is used in yhr middle

Screenshot_20240505_080419_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4c460f60387a4bef437bb0f98986df80.jpg

LWBs:

Martin Frese. 6 goals amd 4 assists from LB this season, but his defensive contribution is lacking

Screenshot_20240505_075755_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f8e5497896f4902b7b2222a71efed862.jpg

Marc Nielsen. Another attacking LB. Only 2 assists this season, but the stats would suggest that was due to bad finishing. Very weak in the air but suits a pressing game (high interceptions)

Screenshot_20240505_080812_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b33250ae3c02e39d322a7618385dfd41.jpg

CMs:

Tom Trybull. The stats don't look pretty (due to so many reds) but he would be a step up from Adams. He's also proven in the Championship (Norwich, Blackburn and Blackpool). Injuries are a concern, particularly muscle injures, but would be a very useful squad option

Screenshot_20240505_082519_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6c97465fa2c37c1d343cdc298299369.jpg

Oscar Højlund (brother of Man Utd's Rasmus). A reliable passer who like to carry the ball forward. Only 19 woth a lot of room to improve

Screenshot_20240505_083535_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c904cc8640f706975d5b68610f04074c.jpg

Nicolai Poulsen. A good all round DM who offers defensive solidity and a goal threat. He's also a reliable player who stays free from injury.

Screenshot_20240505_084905_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fe30326be269789fa69bd052a25852fd.jpg

Stefán Teitur Thórdarson. A good age and would add the goals we need from midfield. Would clearly need to improve the defensive side of his game though.

Screenshot_20240505_085504_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c3e11752c1b4e6d14450e3c129d737e2.jpg

CFs:

Emil Hoiland (oscar's twin). 19 years old with limited game time for the first team (hence no graph), but hehas 11 goals and 3 assists in 18 U19 games this season.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I wonder why they are travelling to different countries? 

All clubs have wyscout or similar don’t they which allows you to watch any game and focus on any particular player? 

I wonder if it’s to actually speak to targets as a decision won’t be made based on 1 performance (unless we’ve gone backwards in terms of recruitment again) 

Warne has touched on this previously. Forgive me as I’m trying to do it from memory as I can’t remember exactly when the interview was, but it was essentially talking about getting a feel for them when they’re away from the ball, their reactions to different events within the game. There’s just certain things you don’t get from video. 

I would personally imagine you wouldn’t take the step to go watch in person abroad unless you have some serious interest. 

16 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Viktor Johansson

Would be a good signing. 

Haven’t read the article so not sure if Nixon touched on this. But if we’re sniffing around for a goalkeeper it does suggest that maybe Wildsmith is off.

35 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Would be a good signing. 

Haven’t read the article so not sure if Nixon touched on this. But if we’re sniffing around for a goalkeeper it does suggest that maybe Wildsmith is off.

Says he has a £900k release clause and we’re interested along with Sheff United and Stoke. Could be (probably is) a lazy link from Nixon but if we are interested I wonder if we’re in a financial position to compete with the other linked clubs 🤔 

Maybe the Warne, Vickers, GK Coach connection would play a part. Suppose we’ll see how likely our interest in a goalkeeper is when we hear more about Wildsmith’s future.

Tom Cannon on loan would be an excellent signing, Preston and Blackburn have been linked with him today. But he scores goals at championship level and can’t see him being used by Leicester in the prem. 

He’s been unlucky with injury this year getting 2 goals in 13 games but the year previous in a 6 month loan at Preston he bagged 8 in 20 games.

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Tom Cannon on loan would be an excellent signing, Preston and Blackburn have been linked with him today. But he scores goals at championship level and can’t see him being used by Leicester in the prem. 

He’s been unlucky with injury this year getting 2 goals in 13 games but the year previous in a 6 month loan at Preston he bagged 8 in 20 games.

The firepower we need 

17 hours ago, angieram said:

No. Louie Sibley is a better left back than Buchanan and he isn't even a left back! 

Still think we got decent money for Bogle & Lowe . We will come up against them next season - OK for the Championship but Bogle seemed to spend yesterday sat on the floor watching Hudson-Odoi.

Rudoni and Wiles at Huddersfield worth a look Brannigan and Goodrham at Oxford

Burrows Peterboro

Phillips Barnsley

Olaofe Stockport

Sotiriu L.Orient

Like to see a proper number 10 brought in in the messi mould maybe we can unearth one in the foreign leagues we are scouting

18 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Rudoni and Wiles at Huddersfield worth a look Brannigan and Goodrham at Oxford

Burrows Peterboro

Phillips Barnsley

Olaofe Stockport

Sotiriu L.Orient

Like to see a proper number 10 brought in in the messi mould maybe we can unearth one in the foreign leagues we are scouting

Rudoni is talented but lazy. He was taken off in the first half yesterday purely for his laziness also. We certainly don’t want someone coming in to be a poison in the dressing room.