PFA Player of the Month January

Day

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Chris Martin is the real PotM - 5 goals in 4 games. Since I cant vote for him, Collins is the next best option (5 goals in 6 games).

Bishop and Cole only scored 3 and the others had 4 goal contributions.

Bishop missed as many penalties as he scored goals!

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Chris Martin is the real PotM - 5 goals in 4 games. Since I cant vote for him, Collins is the next best option (5 goals in 6 games).

Bishop and Cole only scored 3 and the others had 4 goal contributions.

Why does that make him PotM? If it was just about goals surely it would just be Top Scorer of the Month?

I wonder if anyone actually votes based on who they really think is the best player? Even then, how can they form an opinion unless they watch a good number of games involving all of the nominated players?

If I was a betting man I’d wager that the vast majority of people voting have a player from their club nominated and will automatically vote for their man. I’m not saying Collins doesn’t deserve it but I have no idea if he’s been a better player than the other nominations in January.

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I wonder if anyone actually votes based on who they really think is the best player? Even then, how can they form an opinion unless they watch a good number of games involving all of the nominated players?

If I was a betting man I’d wager that the vast majority of people voting have a player from their club nominated and will automatically vote for their man. I’m not saying Collins doesn’t deserve it but I have no idea if he’s been a better player than the other nominations in January.

I agree Tamworth, i've voted for Collo because i'm a Derby fan and he's scored some good goals for us and worked his socks off.

I haven't got a clue about the others!

Should be picked by an independent panel who watch more than one team.

17 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I dont think the people who nominate the players watch many of the games either 😅