Fatigue or poor mentality?

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

For @Jourdan 

@JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta "I posted a version of this in the match thread but it belongs here I think. I'm Warne out, I have been all season really. Even in our run of form performance levels were frequently poor and we rarely look like a team in control of a football match.

The simple fact is Warne thinks he can approach the Derby job with good vibes and percentage based kick and rush football down the flanks that offers little control. There's not really any nuance to it and any manager with half a brain can figure it out and counter it. 

Despite the above, we have brute forced a number of wins by having better players and a bigger budget than the opposition. If we get promoted we won't have better players and a bigger budget than the opposition. What do we do then?

I maintain that a manager with a more advanced approach to football and how to set a team up would extract better performances out of this team, and the deficiencies I see in Warne's approach will only become more of a problem as time goes on."

Fair enough. Who would you replace him with? 

20 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It was just a s*** performance end of, consign to the bin and move on. I’m not panicking yet

I am hoping this is the case. Early in the season we’d have one good game then in the next, the same players would just look off it/lacklustre. The incidence of them being “off it” then fell and we made ground. 
Tuesdays performance was reminiscent of early season form and demeanour. No reason why we can’t get back on course. That said injuries have meant “older” players now have a lot of miles under their belts, I can’t help feeling the re charge capacity of a 30 something Vs a 20 something is significant. 
decent win on Saturday and all will be well. 

As an aside I think we miss the front foot options at the top of the pitch that Waggy, Ward and Wash could have brought.

On 24/01/2024 at 07:39, simmoram1995 said:

I wanted to discuss this topic because I’m really not sure about us after last night. Has the age , training and inability to sign younger players caught us up or do you think we have players who don’t have the right mentality when the pressure mounts?

How about giving Reading some credit for their performance, reminded me of when our backs were against the wall and we adopted that same siege mentality 

On 25/01/2024 at 13:20, Premier ram said:

How about giving Reading some credit for their performance, reminded me of when our backs were against the wall and we adopted that same siege mentality 

Yes, no question that their 'siege mentality' outweighed our desire to secure spot in the autos. 

On 24/01/2024 at 10:27, sage said:

Bird, NML and Collins have played too many minutes and too high a pace and intensity.

They are all now knackered. As our game plan involves running around a lot, this is a slight issue.

I would agree with you. However. Bird is young and should be able to go longer into the season. Collins and NML put far more effort and energy in than Bird. So you are right with those two. I like Bird, but he is not all that. His basic passing was atrocious the other night. That is not fatigue that is lazy.

11 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I would agree with you. However. Bird is young and should be able to go longer into the season. Collins and NML put far more effort and energy in than Bird. So you are right with those two. I like Bird, but he is not all that. His basic passing was atrocious the other night. That is not fatigue that is lazy.

I agree there is absolutely no link between being fatigued and not completing technical tasks precisely 

On 24/01/2024 at 08:39, simmoram1995 said:

I wanted to discuss this topic because I’m really not sure about us after last night. Has the age , training and inability to sign younger players caught us up or do you think we have players who don’t have the right mentality when the pressure mounts?

Lots of players out injured. Collo is our only fit, available striker. The other fit one, Dajaune Brown, has been loaned out to Gateshead. Sibs back to LB against Cheltenham and doing a good job of it too. If PW isn't going to give the lad a run at #10, and he's not, then make him first choice left back and give him a run of games to convert him into a proper LB. At his age he could hold that role down and give us years of good service and give him a career that could see him sorted, financially, for life. As it is, never knowing if he's going to be LB, LWB, DM, LW, RW, #10 or on the bench for 4 years has knackered his development, IMO.