Eíran Cashin

angieram

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-eiran-cashin-interview-9146432

I know there’s more important parts to this story, but I can’t work out why he thought being at that Starbucks on the A38 was the best place to be? Surely you might as well stayed at the training ground or in Derby itself?

Or could’ve atleast got to McArthur Glen and had a few shops to look in whilst being closer to the M1!

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-eiran-cashin-interview-9146432

I know there’s more important parts to this story, but I can’t work out why he thought being at that Starbucks on the A38 was the best place to be? Surely you might as well stayed at the training ground or in Derby itself?

Or could’ve atleast got to McArthur Glen and had a few shops to look in whilst being closer to the M1!

Interesting article, not just about the turmoil caused by transfer deadline days, but also regarding the culture at the club and his relationship with Warne.

Perhaps he hoped he'd be going west across A50 to M6 north instead! 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Interesting article, not just about the turmoil caused by transfer deadline days, but also regarding the culture at the club and his relationship with Warne.

Perhaps he hoped he'd be going west across A50 to M6 north instead! 

What I found most interesting  - and worrying in a way - was his apparent powerlessness about the possible transfer: ‘you realise you have no control over it (the transfer)’; ‘it’s all above my head’

I probably changed jobs about 12 times in my career. On 3 occasions I was headhunted. Every time I moved it was because I decided it was right for me and my family, and when I had a family they were always involved in the decision.  Cash always seems to me to be someone with his head screwed on and I would hate to think that the decision wasn’t his to make, that he didn’t have control over his future and his career, just as when he decided to extend his contract. 

Perhaps football is just different; perhaps players still don’t have quite as much power as we think despite Bosman and agents. I don’t want him to leave but I do hope that if and when he does it is his choice and no one elses even if clubs and agents are part of the process.

5 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

What I found most interesting  - and worrying in a way - was his apparent powerlessness about the possible transfer: ‘you realise you have no control over it (the transfer)’; ‘it’s all above my head’

I probably changed jobs about 12 times in my career. On 3 occasions I was headhunted. Every time I moved it was because I decided it was right for me and my family, and when I had a family they were always involved in the decision.  Cash always seems to me to be someone with his head screwed on and I would hate to think that the decision wasn’t his to make, that he didn’t have control over his future and his career, just as when he decided to extend his contract. 

Perhaps football is just different; perhaps players still don’t have quite as much power as we think despite Bosman and agents. I don’t want him to leave but I do hope that if and when he does it is his choice and no one elses even if clubs and agents are part of the process.

I took it to mean that he couldn't control the actual process and whether it would be completed or not which, with the end of the transfer window approaching fast, is true because some actions are completely out of his hands. The decision to leave or not was/is entirely in his court if another club meets the club's asking price but, as you say, he's not as in control of the overall process as you or I would be.

• 1 month later...