Bradford City at home Match Thread

sage

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Do you have any actual evidence to show they were all bargain basement freebies? Can you please list all the signing fees, agent costs and wages?

Asking for an insider penny for penny breakdown is the usual crap you do, so I thought it might be fun to ask the same of you.

I thought it had been widely accepted that we haven’t paid a transfer fee for a couple of years now. I’m sure you know that was what @G STAR RAM was referring to. 

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

All about opinions… jury still out on Elder in my view… TJJ over-rated in mg view, especially with the way we play at this level of football… think he would thrive in higher leagues where he has more time on the ball.. 

overall my view remains the same.::PW success in previous transfer window hardly stellar…

I was agreeing with you and adding to the list of underwhelming additions last summer.

Just now, Returning ram said:

Even a woman commentator could have seen he was 😏

JJ also appeared to say so as well, so even if he wasn't, I can see why he didn't pass the ball.

JJ tried to be clever and lost the ball. Collins was rightly going mad at him.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

There was the usual amount of going down easily but you must have seen it differently to me. I don’t think we were particularly hard done by the ref.

As you say, even if the ref was poor there is no way he cost us the match. We could still be playing now and still wouldn’t score.

Very poor performance. I’m not going to lose any sleep over going out of this competition (although I would have been there at Wembley if we’d made it) but that was just embarrassing.

I agree entirely. The defeat was of our own making. The only discernible play was lumping it long up to Collins who was a foot shorter than their entire defence. It didn't work. Which is curious, because every time we've tried it has been unsuccessful. It is bound to work one day, though isn't it? Oh, and I do tend to see refs differently to many on here, although not last Saturday! Woo Hoo!

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I thought it had been widely accepted that we haven’t paid a transfer fee for a couple of years now. I’m sure you know that was what @G STAR RAM was referring to. 

They'll have been given signing fees, agents will have taken a cut and they're on decent wages for this level.

I know what he was referring to, I just disagree that anyone we signed was in any way "bargain basement". Still cost us plenty of money, despite no transfer fees being involved. That's ignoring Washington's undisclosed transfer agreement, and assuming that was a free.

I also just think it's funny to ask him for exact details, like he does with anyone who disagrees with his opinion.

25 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

My heads gonna fall off. Collins not working? He’s banged them in this year ffs. 

Think @Returning ram means on the occasions he's not banging them in. Ie. that we are a bit lacking if Collo is not on his game. It's a fair comment IMO as I love Collo, but we do need someone else in as if he got injured, I think we'd struggle.

24 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

I didn't say he hadn't 🤨 i said when it's not working like tonight, he can't be expected to play every minute of every game and perform to at his very best each time.

Maybe try putting head back on and read post 😏

Your first post was well worded - we have no fit back-up for Collins. If he gets injured or heaven forbid needs a few minutes rest...

Just now, oodledoodle said:

They'll have been given signing fees, agents will have taken a cut and they're on decent wages for this level.

I know what he was referring to, I just disagree that anyone we signed was in any way "bargain basement". Still cost us plenty of money, despite no transfer fees being involved. That's ignoring Washington's undisclosed transfer agreement, and assuming that was a free.

I also just think it's funny to ask him for exact details, like he does with anyone who disagrees with his opinion.

Wasn't there talk at the time that our recruitment priortised out of contract players, because by avoiding fees we could afford higher wages and thus attract better players?

The OP used the term "bargain basement". There is no evidence they're cheap in the absolute sense as we don't know the wage commitments.

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Think @Returning ram means on the occasions he's not banging them in. Ie. that we are a bit lacking if Collo is not on his game. It's a fair comment IMO as I love Collo, but we do need someone else in as if he got injured, I think we'd struggle.

Spot on, I think he does and will continue to a good job for us.

I'd say same about any striker, be it Kane, Halland or Collin's, there are going to be times when you need an alternative to them, either because of injury, not their day, tiredness etc...however it's becoming apparent, we don't have one. Although not sure when other two will be returning.

20 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Circa 22k supporters couldn't be arsed to turn up, Circa 15 players couldn't arsed to play...sums up this competition, You can't keep turning the tap on and ask players to perform when they aint fussed, It's nowt to do with pride or application...it's about promotion.

Its their job, getting paid to play football,were you around in the cloughie years, couldnt see him thinking that. Not many people get to pick and choose when to do their job well