Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

9 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

Orient 1-0 up against Portsmouth.

Two now

"

It's all just a bit pedestrian from Portsmouth at the moment.

They're not taking opportunities to play it through the gaps."

Edited by Shipley Ram

1 minute ago, Shipley Ram said:

Two now

Portsmouth really looking in a bad way now. 5 points in 5 games before today, next 3 games are all away at Fleetwood, Port Vale and Oxford.

Assuming they fail to win today, you'd hope we'd be above them with a game in hand by end of the month.

Bolton game suspended for a fan taken ill. Not nice to hear and a postponement would be bad news for Bolton. They already have an extra 2 cup matches to play, as well as an extra league game on us. If they do get through in FA Cup, that would be another postponement too.

Trouble being that if mist or all the teams around us win today then it’s just added pressure on us to do so Monday- when we aren’t very good at home in normal circumstances…

Reverse situation as to when we won early at Oxford….

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I bet Portsmouth and Oxford are relieved that they were promoted by the end of October according to some of our fans...

True. But Bolton and Posh looking strong…. Former going quietly about their business and likely to be top by end of the weekend …well, except for a match postponement 🤷😎

Edited by caymanram

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Posh look a different level to Charlton. 

Alfie May looks furious at his team as he presses time after time to turn around and see no one has gone with him. 

Where are you watching this game?

I was on course to win £200 from a 75p accumulator and then I realised I had bet on Portsmouth! 😆

There’s a long way to go in the season and I am sure Portsmouth will bounce back, but I fully expect Bolton, Peterborough, Barnsley and ourselves to be the teams that finish strongly.

We were the strongest teams to not get promoted last season after all and Portsmouth and Oxford, despite being deservedly in the mix, set a surprising and unsustainable pace.