NYE Fireworks

Day

At 6pm? It’s midnight in Mumbai, doubt it’s fireworks I can hear from there.

Was about to take the dog out for a decent walk before the mayhem later, won’t go near the door now.

Not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, I strongly dislike fireworks and people that let fireworks off at inappropriate times.

First sounding around 4pm this avvy.
Nothing major or prolonged, but still "More bloody fireworks"!
A few similar rounds since, obvs!

No pets here, and not particularly any dodgy tickers either, so whilst they aren't the end of the world for us, I'd rather hear none than some!

Oh... And a Yappy New Year to the pooch.

*Did yer see what I did there?
Well, did yer!  

🍻

Edited by Mucker1884

We recently moved to a small town of 1.300 people.  Such a change from (big city) Reykjavík, one being there are no bangs every 20 seconds since 9 AM, in fact hardly any.  I miss that.  I purchased a few fireworks, okay a lot of fireworks and I was originally planning to set them off in our backyard, but somehow @David came to my explosive mind and his incessant moaning about toy dog owners and their tragic toy dog soul shattering fireworks plights which then reminded me of the fact that our next door neighbor keeps a Yorkshire terrier.

So, the public square will host my fireworks show.  (it's a few dozen meters down the road) and I thank you David, you are helping turning me into a more considerate human being and lessening the risk of me becoming an early outcast from this quiet town.

Just now, ramit said:

We recently moved to a small town of 1.300 people.  Such a change from (big city) Reykjavík, one being there are no bangs every 20 seconds since 9 AM, in fact hardly any.  I miss that.  I purchased a few fireworks, okay a lot of fireworks and I was originally planning to set them off in our backyard, but somehow @David came to my explosive mind and his incessant moaning about toy dog owners and their tragic toy dog soul shattering fireworks plights which then reminded me of the fact that our next door neighbor keeps a Yorkshire terrier.

So, the public square will host my fireworks show.  (it's a few dozen meters down the road) and I thank you David, you are helping turning me into a more considerate human being and lessening the risk of me becoming an early outcast from this quiet town.

Well done. I applaud your new found consideration of neighbours. It warms my heart I have saved one Yorkie over in Iceland 

51 minutes ago, David said:

Was about to take the dog out for a decent walk before the mayhem later, won’t go near the door now.

Not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, I strongly dislike fireworks and people that let fireworks off at inappropriate times.

We’ve been having a very similar conversation in our house.  Midnight I can understand but 6:50!!  Is there really any need?? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

4 hours ago, David said:

Same round our way mate started just after 6

I had friends around for the evening and by the time midnight arrived, we'd forgotten why we'd gathered. The cacophony of fireworks going off all around the building and along the sides of the nature reserve behind us served as a pretty spectacular reminder, though I do feel for pet owners and anyone having to get up and work the next day. Thankfully for them, it only lasted around 15 minutes.