Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We were much better in the second half. Much better with fornah and Barkhuizen,  and Fozzy had a really really poor game (has age caught up with him finally)?). And Hourihane is a passenger and increasingly error prone under pressure. 
As you suggest the problem in the 2nd half was the foolish notion that crossing well into an empty box is the way forward 

And that is why the first half, although there was not much in the way of end product, was better. We scored from a cross into the box - on the floor.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Exactly, and she got most things wrong all afternoon. 

Wanted to make the game all about herself.

She's perfect for the Premier League.

My mate has a seat level with the penalty area and he is 100% it was a penalty 

The ref wasn’t as bad as many are making out, peno decision aside. She made some mistakes but was fine for most of it.

However we were dreadful and although it wasn’t a pen, we deserved to lose those two points with such a shoddy half hearted performance.

Nelson was MoM and Barks was the first player to take up a decent position for a cross into the box. Other than that there are very few positives.

On the above point, that’s the second game in a row we’ve put plenty of decent crosses into the box but no one gets into a dangerous position.

If we are to persist with this then we really need a striker who knows where to be and take advantage, because there’s plenty of decent crosses, as opposed to earlier in the season.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing to do with not agreeing with me.

Today was really poor, however, its a draw at the end of a run of 5 wins and people like you just couldn't wait to crawl out of the woodwork. 

Winning 5 on the spin doesn’t automatically mean that all is rosy. The football hasn’t been great and in my opinion will never be under Warne. My concern is that this style of play doesn’t seem to be great for us in the long run. You not happy with what I say, feel free to use the ignore button instead. Or try to be argumentative and say why you think it’s good, instead of using generic « doesn’t take long to crawl out of the woodwork » tripe. As for people like you, you know feck all about me, or others that voice the same opinion as me. You however, well your posts reveal exactly the type of individual you are. 🤡

Edited by DanS1992

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Having an opinion doesn't make you wrong does it.

8 of us here have just watched the penalty decision, 2 think it was and 6 think it wasn't. 

Was refering to geescreamer about our bookings so maybe hes wrong as well and our resident uriah rennie is nailed nailed on with it … but i doubt it 

barks .. former pro didnt have any complaints with any of them either 

pen.. its soft as … i get why people say its not but it just is in todays game 

crap i know 

my issue is how we got to that stage

cheap turnover of the ball (again) 

lost the flick on, got caught wrong side

literally summarised todays performance  in about 20 seconds 

Edited by NottsRam77

A word for the stewarding of the safe standing. What a joke that was. Ticket checks at the bottom then the top of the stairs, then some times half way up the stand as well. Caused queues and frustration. Random rent-a-stewards stood in aisles in the way. Felt like we needed to put our hands up for permission to go to the toilet. Ridiculous when essentially there was no more standing than last game. Can’t continue like that

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

The ref wasn’t as bad as many are making out, peno decision aside. She made some mistakes but was fine for most of it.

However we were dreadful and although it wasn’t a pen, we deserved to lose those two points with such a shoddy half hearted performance.

Nelson was MoM and Barks was the first player to take up a decent position for a cross into the box. Other than that there are very few positives.

On the above point, that’s the second game in a row we’ve put plenty of decent crosses into the box but no one gets into a dangerous position.

If we are to persist with this then we really need a striker who knows where to be and take advantage, because there’s plenty of decent crosses, as opposed to earlier in the season.

Some just have to have a scapegoat pal.

normally its warne, but weve not lost in however long so its just easier to blame the ref 

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

To me, a game like today underlines our limitations. We are good enough for top six but drop too many points to be front runners.

2 thoughts

- with this squad we should be better: Nelson, Ward, Bird , Cashin, Fornah, NML, Barkhuizen, Wilson, Wildsmith, Fozzie

- you don’t win the play offs if you don’t manage games well 

Remember the days when if the ball goes in off a beach ball, or a passing mongrel, the goal stands.
Yet if it hits the ref, it becomes a drop ball "to the team that was in possession"!  HTF does that work? 🤷‍♂️

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned game of kick the shin, whenever a drop ball was given in days of yore?  🤷‍♂️

Wildsmith - nothing much to do

ward - not the best right back, always a decent cross 

Nelson - very good 

Cashin - excellent until we changed shape again 

Forsyth - was doing fine, no idea why he got subbed 

Hourahan - not a game for a decent midfielder 

Bird - same as above 

Sibley - close to getting sent off in the most silly of ways 

NML - always our most creative player another assist 

Wilson - he must have the worst touch I have seen in a long time because everything bounces off him and I am not sure how he is starting games 

Collins - hardly any service and then disappears trying to find the ball 

subs - Fornah - this guy is yet another defensive midfielder isn’t he as everything is backwards and sideways with hardly any tackling or heading and little running - you could say I am disappointed in him.

Barkhauzen - nice goal and I don’t know why he isn’t starting ( yes I do it’s to fit in either ward or Wilson and move NML away from his best position) 

Bradley - I would have stuck him on at half time at centre forward just to give their centre half’s something to do

JJ - didn’t have a sniff at anything 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Wildsmith - nothing much to do

ward - not the best right back, always a decent cross 

Nelson - very good 

Cashin - excellent until we changed shape again 

Forsyth - was doing fine, no idea why he got subbed 

Hourahan - not a game for a decent midfielder 

Bird - same as above 

Sibley - close to getting sent off in the most silly of ways 

NML - always our most creative player another assist 

Wilson - he must have the worst touch I have seen in a long time because everything bounces off him and I am not sure how he is starting games 

Collins - hardly any service and then disappears trying to find the ball 

subs - Fornah - this guy is yet another defensive midfielder isn’t he as everything is backwards and sideways with hardly any tackling or heading and little running - you could say I am disappointed in him.

Barkhauzen - nice goal and I don’t know why he isn’t starting ( yes I do it’s to fit in either ward or Wilson and move NML away from his best position) 

Bradley - I would have stuck him on at half time at centre forward just to give their centre half’s something to do

JJ - didn’t have a sniff at anything 

Seriously ?? Fozzys pass completion being -9 might have had something to do with it

he was awful today… fortunately we know he only has a couple of these stinkers a season so thats one down 

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

barks .. former pro didnt have any complaints with any of them either 

pen.. its soft as … i get why people say its not but it just is in todays game 

crap i know 

my issue is how we got to that stage

cheap turnover of the ball (again) 

lost the flick on, got caught wrong side

literally summarised todays performance  in about 20 seconds 

Interview with Barkhuisen 

7 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Winning 5 on the spin doesn’t automatically mean that all is rosy. The football hasn’t been great and in my opinion will never be under Warne. My concern is that this style of play doesn’t seem to be great for us in the long run. You not happy with what I say, feel free to use the ignore button instead. Or try to be argumentative and say why you think it’s s good, instead of using generic « doesn’t take long to crawl out of the woodwork tripe ». As for people like you, you know feck all about me, or others that voice the same opinion as me. You however, well your posts reveal exactly the type of individual you are. 🤡

I can't comment on the content of your posts to be fair as haven't seen any in the last month...wonder why 🤡 

16 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Interview with Barkhuisen 

Cross it into the box when no ones there ??

ahem tom … not pointing fingers pal but …… 

oh look would u adam and eve it no complaints about the pen 

ill take apologies when ur ready folks .. 

@Gee SCREAMER !! There is a specsavers in derby right ? 

Edited by NottsRam77

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Seriously ?? Fozzys pass completion being -9 might have had something to do with it

he was awful today… fortunately we know he only has a couple of these stinkers a season so thats one down 

Worth noting that both NML and Wilson were in dreadful positions to receive the football on the left hand side as it’s just unnatural for them to be over there 

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Blowing the whistle directly after they score the pen? Surely some more time needed adding on for that?! Topped off one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen here recently.

Gutted.

The minimum 6 mins had already elapsed when the pen was given.  No added time for pens, just like there isn't added time to take a corner.
Had we cleared instead of conceding the pen, I assume the whistle would have gone.  Never a good move to blow the (final) whistle with the ball inside a penalty area.

A few commenting it was never a pen.  I've only seen it live, and already stated it was a clear pen.  I'll need to see the highlights, I guess... pref the short version! 👀