Proposed contact extensions

Caerphilly Ram

19 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Possibly a subject deserving it’s own thread, for us to hope, speculate and of course dismiss intentions, ideas and suggestions for contract extensions. 

Was pleasantly surprised to hear the club has an option on a 1 year extension for Cashin.

Heres hoping both Cashin and Bird sign new contracts. That would make team building a little easier in the summer. Both young and been through the academy too.

The way I see it, Cashin signs (better on better terms) and stays with us, or the option is taken up and is sold in the summer.
Bird will be in high demand in January and will only stay if we look to have a good change of promotion. Last season he was creating more open play chances than any other young CM, despite playing deep. This season, he's ahead of every single player in the league. He's also started to take up better positions in the box.

Nyambe - should be looking to extend his deal next month
Wildsmith, Thompson, Sibley - new contract to be offered in the new year
Forsyth, Mendez-Laing - roles next season will depend on league. Even if promoted, I would want them as backup. Mendez-Laing would also be dependant on formation
Loach - will probably do full-time coaching next season
Smith, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Waghorn, Collins - leave in the summer. I would allow them to move in January if they find a club and we find suitable replacements.

Evans, Ridd, Bartley, Bardell, DRobinson, Radcliffe, Lindsay, Gibson-Hammond, Weston, Oseni, Nunn - serious involvement in the first team or loans out (if not released)

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some players not happy with their game time. When you exclude players who have been injured for a good chunk this season, there aren't many remaining. 

Also hinted at still being in talks with Brighton regarding Cashin.

Highlighted Collins being 1 yellow away from a 1 match ban. It makes the decision not to give Weston or Brown game time in the competitive games more foolish.

2 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

We have to make sure Nyambe is extended in January as he's been pretty much perfect since signing.

Do we actually have a exact expiration date for his current contract in January? Is it the start/end of the month?

Jan 1st

Edited by Ghost of Clough

Bird and Cashin will follow the money, I'd be surprised if Jason Knight hasn't spoken to them both concerning what money they can make in the Championship and Agents will of course be a huge influence, TV money is getting better in the Championship from next season.

Even if DCFC take a promising position in the top 6 this doesn't equate to promotion look what happened from Feb to the end of season of 21-22.

Going to be interesting in January 😉

2 minutes ago, Damon1985 said:

Would it not have been most sensible to offer them deals as soon as the last transfer window shut? 🤔 Great news it's happening now though! Do you think restrictions have limited us offering new deals? 

Thats what I was thinking - I may be missing something so sorry if being thick but this would have been top of my to do list as soon as we were allowed to do so. 

1 minute ago, The Last Post said:

Bird and Cashin will follow the money, I'd be surprised if Jason Knight hasn't spoken to them both concerning what money they can make in the Championship and Agents will of course be a huge influence, TV money is getting better in the Championship from next season.

Even if DCFC take a promising position in the top 6 this doesn't equate to promotion look what happened from Feb to the end of season of 21-22.

Going to be interesting in January 😉

Doesn't have to just be 'the money' though does it. If they want to further their careers they will have to be doing what Knighty is doing and playing at a better level.

1 hour ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Was pleasantly surprised to hear the club has an option on a 1 year extension for Cashin.

Heres hoping both Cashin and Bird sign new contracts. That would make team building a little easier in the summer. Both young and been through the academy too.

I agree. Years option on Cash explains why Brighton are quoted as offering a significant fee....

31 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

We have to make sure Nyambe is extended in January as he's been pretty much perfect since signing.

Do we actually have a exact expiration date for his current contract in January? Is it the start/end of the month?

I don't see why we would wait until then to get it done. He is obviously the kind of player we want. I'd put an extension in front of him now instead of waiting for a month when he will have his agent and other clubs in his ear ever 10 minutes.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't have to just be 'the money' though does it. If they want to further their careers they will have to be doing what Knighty is doing and playing at a better level.

Money is the big driver in football, Look at the Saudi mercenaries, Agents will want their cut, I see Bristol City are 11th, The 3 clubs that were promoted last season are in the bottom 4 of the EPL with Everton who lost 10 points, The Championship(EFL)is being left behind in the football stakes

Jason Knight has found his level mid Championship imo, Pretty much where Cashin/Bird will be imo, Furthering their careers is taking the next step up...which is the Championship and more money...DCFC aint there yet and may not be for another season or 2.

Time will tell, Birds been here since childhood, Cashin knows there's at least 1 Prem team calling who will farm him out hoping to recoup/make a profit on any sale...it's what Bloom does well at.