Proposed contact extensions

Caerphilly Ram

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Nyambe will disappear for the AFCON in January for a while won’t he?

Could be gone for anything from 2 weeks to a month. First game is Jan 15th and last group game is Jan 23rd. They have Senegal, Guinea and Cameroon in their group - top 2 go through automatically, plus best 4 out of the 6 3rd place teams. The Final is Feb 11th.

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Could be gone for anything from 2 weeks to a month. First game is Jan 15th and last group game is Jan 23rd. They have Senegal, Guinea and Cameroon in their group - top 2 go through automatically, plus best 4 out of the 6 3rd place teams. The Final is Feb 11th.

Tunisia, Mali and South Africa.

Think you mixed up Namibia with Gambia!

Hope both sign, hope both stay but I think this summer they'll both go. 

Bird I dont think will sign and the tribunal fee we think we will get if it runs down in the summer will be more than the bids we will get in January. Cash I dont think will sign either, although the extension will be triggered and we'll give Brighton the old 'come hither'.

If the club feels they could be the difference between 7th and going up, then the gamble of holding off until the summer may also be in everyone's best interests, unless a decent fee comes in to reinvest (and if the players are already lined up for quick transactions without gazumping).

Also, the clubs that are able to offer the kinds of fees and terms (we are hoping for) in order to take them are, I believe, the teams that would be signing them for the future and I'm not convinced much 'one for the future' shopping takes place in Jan.

It seems to me that Bird has the greater potential to play in the PL, but if Cashin moves to Brighton, he'll get the chance to play in the Championship on PL wages.

I hope we can keep both of them, but if they ain't signing extensions and want to move, and there's decent money on the table from clubs at a higher level, there wouldn't be much sense keeping them. Money + loan-backs for the rest of the season might be the best deal we could get.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't see why we would wait until then to get it done. He is obviously the kind of player we want. I'd put an extension in front of him now instead of waiting for a month when he will have his agent and other clubs in his ear ever 10 minutes.

I'd love for us to do an Asanovic, sign up a player before a tournament, but Agents know that a good tournament whilst unattached can be a profitable affair for both Agent and player.