Derby County v Barnsley: Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv).

1Wildsmith

24Nyambe

5Bradley

35Nelson

6Cashin

3Forsyth

4Hourihane

7Barkhuizen

17Sibley

12Smith

8Bird 🦅 

11Méndez-Laing

2Wiloson

9Collins

edited)

1Wildsmith - 7

24Nyambe - 7

5Bradley - 6

35Nelson - 7

6Cashin - 7

3Forsyth - 7

4Hourihane - 6.5

7Barkhuizen - 7

17Sibley - 6

12Smith - 5

8Bird 🦅 - 7

11Méndez-Laing - 7.5

2Wilson - 7

9Collins - 7

personally I thought Mendez Laing and Bird were the stand out’s especially 1st half. Nelson is solid along with Cashin and Nyambe. Barks should have had 2 goals minimum and Collins scored 2 so can’t really criticise him. 
overall great win but really disappointed the 2 academy lads didn’t get a run out especially Weston when we’re 3 nil up 🤔

1Wildsmith - 7

24Nyambe - 7

5Bradley - 6

35Nelson - 8 dealt with the threat of Cole magnificently 

6Cashin - 8

3Forsyth - 8

4Hourihane - 6.5

7Barkhuizen - 7

17Sibley - 7

12Smith - 6.5

8Bird 🦅 - 6.5

11Méndez-Laing - 8

2Wilson - 8

9Collins - 9  comfortably his most complete performance in a Derby shirt

Edited by Carnero

1Wildsmith - 6.5:  Not much to do, but a fine save from the free kick 1st half

24Nyambe - 6.5:  Solid as usual

5Bradley - 6:  Won his headers, no disasters this week

35Nelson - 7.5:  Dominant at the back

6Cashin - 7.5:  See Nelson

3Forsyth - 7:  Nicely taken goal and a threat at set pieces

4Hourihane - 6:  Pretty passive during the game but helped keep things ticking over when it was needed

7Barkhuizen - 6:  Always a threat but poor day in front of goal

17Sibley - 6:  Hit the bar, not much else

12Smith - 6.5:  Neat and tidy, couple of nice through balls in the 2nd half

8Bird 🦅  - 6.5:  Steady, not quite as effective as in recent games

11Méndez-Laing -  7:  Main threat in the 1st half, shame he went off

2Wilson - 7:  Dancing feet, real threat, feel he's best suited as an impact sub which is a great asset to have

9Collins - 8.5:  Probably best game I've seen him have for us.  The 2 goals aside, his work on and off the ball was  irst class.  

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv).

1Wildsmith 7

24Nyambe 6.5

5Bradley 6

35Nelson 7

6Cashin 7

3Forsyth 7

4Hourihane 6.5

7Barkhuizen 6

17Sibley 6

12Smith 6.5

8Bird 🦅 7.5

11Méndez-Laing 6.5 

2Wiloson 7.5

9Collins 7.5

1Wildsmith - 7.5 …..great save…possibly would’ve lost if we’d gone behind

24Nyambe - 6.5……bit better than usual going forward…..solid defensively 

5Bradley - 6……not sure why we went to 5 at the back but he did OK

35Nelson - 8…..Cole in his pocket. Great game

6Cashin - 8…….great game

3Forsyth - 7……..very good game….goal, assist but a couple of daft-ish fouls in dangerous areas

4Hourihane - 6.5…….I think I was luxuriating in the dominant performance and was ball watching because I didn’t think any of the midfielders were great….. but Barnsley didn’t have a sniff so they must have been pretty good somehow 🤔

7Barkhuizen - 6.5…….could have easily been a 9 but end product a bit iffy today. Never hides though and gets in great positions

17Sibley - 6.5……..nearly a stunner to leapfrog Barnsley 

12Smith - 6.5…….see comment for Hourihane

8Bird 🦅  - 6.5…….see comment for Hourihane

11Méndez-Laing -  7…….very good. Looked like he enjoyed taunting their number 2 a bit too much and could have whipped crosses in a bit quicker

2Wilson - 7.5…….very good. Constant threat - defenders looked terrified. Loved how he gave their 7 some chirp after megging him.

9Collins - 8…..won headers from long balls, scored goals, defended corners, worked very, very hard

atg

1Wildsmith - 7.5 

24Nyambe - 6

5Bradley - 6.5

35Nelson - 7

6Cashin - 8

3Forsyth - 7

4Hourihane - 6

7Barkhuizen - 7

17Sibley - 6

12Smith - 6.5

8Bird 🦅 - 6.5

11Méndez-Laing - 7

2Wiloson - 7.5

9Collins - 8

TV

Edited by horizon

1Wildsmith 7 Significant acrobatic save horizontally to his right 1st half. At that point he could’ve picked up a book & read for the remainder. 

24Nyambe 7 None shall pass-by this granite-rock right-back. Took a knock. 

5Bradley 6 Barnsley were spent when he saw out the last 10.

35Nelson 8 Stultified Cole completely. 

6Cashin 8 Perpetual motion of heading blocking & left-footed drives down the fairway.

3Forsyth 7 Vintage. Made in Scotland from Girders. Punctured any fight Barnsley might summon by killing the game with the 2nd goal. His piledriven shot became the 3rd goal. 

4Hourihane 6.5 Sufficient.

7Barkhuizen 5.5 Must do better and not waste gilt opportunity.

17Sibley 6.5 Brought a cutting edge late on and rasped the bar. 

12Smith 6.0 Contributed with short passes here & there.

8Bird 🦅 6.5 Not as dominant as we have come to know but won possession regularly 

11Méndez-Laing 7.0 Active & sharp but took a knock and was withdrawn.

2Wilson 7.5 Ran the full-back a merry dance with nutmegs, swivels & pirouettes a plenty. Joy to watch. Crosses never quite found white. 

9Collins 8.5 Takes MotM with 2 goals and a bullish performance. A penalty and a chested goal. 

Barnsley never had a sniff and were dispatched by a mentally strong Rams outfit. 

Today I type with tears in my eyes; I am devastated to hear the news of B4’s passing. I had the good fortune of meeting B4 on 3 occasions which I’ll never forget. His passion and indefatigable support were inspiring and on this Forum he led us countless times with his rallying calls and with his own brand of words. Let’s have a sea of black and white for B4 v Bristol Rovers. God Bless B4.

1Wildsmith 7.5 Great save, great kicking including 2 influential free kicks that led to goals.

24Nyambe 7.5 solid, aggressive.

5Bradley 6 

35Nelson 8 Masterful defensive display and a stunning ball to NML which made the highlights reel.

6Cashin 8.5 Imperious. Won so much in the air, reading of the game means he can intercepts so often before his lack of pace becomes an issue. 

3Forsyth 9 Solid, good use of ball and a great finish nearly 2!)

4Hourihane 6.5 Some good passing and defensive work. 

7Barkhuizen 7 Bright, good movement and superb cross led to penalty but sometimes chose wrong options and moves broke down as a result. 2 great chances to score, good to see Warne putting arm around him when subbed. Needs encouragement and a confidence boost. 

17Sibley 6 Good shot.

12Smith 7 Some good closing down, battling and lovely through balls. 

8Bird 🦅 7.5 The kind of aggressive display I never knew he had in him until this season. 

11Méndez-Laing 8 constantly roasted the full back, shame he got injured. We await the news with baited breath.

2Wilson 7.5 Energetic, mind- bending dribbles and a peach of a cross for Cashin.  So deserved an assist there.

9Collins 9 Good grief. Won so much in the air, held up really well. Kept winning free kicks. 2 goals. So pleased because when he got booked I feared tbe worst but he exacted footballing retribution. Come to take of it, this last comment equally applies to Forsyth!

Edited by Andrew3000