January Reinforcements

sage

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

£2.5 mill for a player , you can have for free in a few month , and stays anyway - Incredible result . Would have guessed at £0.5 tops . 

Again. You cannot have Bird for free when his contract with us ends - there is a compensation fee to be paid. This was supposedly why we wouldn't sell him as we'd get a good deal then anyway. I hoped it was because he might re-sign if we went up. More fool me.

1 minute ago, eddielewis said:

If it's £2.5 mill not a single penny should go towards short term solution loans. All of that should go towards rebuilding the club with players under 25 on a permanent this coming summer.

We need to get out of this division, some shortism to help us achieve our long-term aims might be required. The financial gap between the Championship and League 1 is going to get bigger.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Has this come out of the blue Simmo or had you heard whispers from your ITK link? 

I knew he’d refused a new contract. Bristol had enquired weeks ago. It sounds like desperation from derby. Watch us sign Langstaff , JCH or something along those lines now. 

6 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I've heard 2m+ for Bird in total, I'd be chucking some money Readings way for Knibbs and Azeez or testing Countys resolve at Langstaff

That’s a brill fee for someone who wasn’t going to sign a new deal! Go and get a striker you rams 🐏 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I knew he’d refused a new contract. Bristol had enquired weeks ago. It sounds like desperation from derby. Watch us sign Langstaff , JCH or something along those lines now. 

Would be very happy with either of those next to Michael smith or Lee gregory

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I've heard 2m+ for Bird in total, I'd be chucking some money Readings way for Knibbs and Azeez or testing Countys resolve at Langstaff

What’s occurring BT??? Adams signs out of the blue, a deal that had been in the pipeline for months, and we hear nothing from you. Then Bird goes out of the blue and we hear nothing from you. Are your ITK links on holiday or have you been away 😉

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Thanks for updating us. Surprised you didn’t hear anything about Adams coming in mind 😊

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We need to get out of this division, some shortism to help us achieve our long-term aims might be required. The financial gap between the Championship and League 1 is going to get bigger.

...and if the short terminism doesn't help us achieve our goals, what then?