January Reinforcements

sage

6 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Are you infact Rammie? Youre knowledge of the inner workings of derby is abit suspicious 

There's currently only 1 player I could speak to and friends of my family know a couple others, but that's as close to being #ITK as I'll ever be.

If Blackburn sign that forward they're after, could Harry Leonard become available?He's rarely featured since they signed an Icelandic forward, so will have even less game time after today. He's scored 3 and assisted 2 in his 834 league minutes this season. Scored 10 and assisted 4 in his 15 U21 appearances last season too.

Similarly, Reyes Cleary could be on the way out of West Brom. He's out of contract at the end of the season, seemingly frozen out of the squad (due to not signing an extension). West Brom have also signed Callum Marshall, so there's no chance of Cleary getting minutes. 16 goals and 3 assists in his 12 U21 games last season and still only 19.

There are a few decent wingers from U21 sides with conrtacts expiring in the summer. I'd be tempted to get any of them in early if possible:
Amario Cozier-Duberry (Arsenal, RW, 18) - 7 goals and 2 assists in 13 U21 games
Charles Sagoe Jr (Arsenal, LW, 19) - 3 goals and 10 assists in 17 U21 games
Omari Forson (Man Utd, RW, 19) - 7 goals and 2 assists in 10 U21 games

37 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Was happy to see this until, Leigh Curtis dropped his tweet just. He's gone from saying its unlikely to blimey Weds are hard to deal with. With Wolves not landing their striker either, we may be a long way down our list.

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Moaned about Dom and Leigh earlier, wish i hadn't, their latest tweets aren't filling me with hope. Was Gregory really our main target today??

Are you saying it’s now more likely we sign someone 

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Moaned about Dom and Leigh earlier, wish i hadn't, their latest tweets aren't filling me with hope. Was Gregory really our main target today??

I live in the hope that we had a list of players with all being options depending on our situation and how many choose to go elsewhere. I'd be gobsmacked if anyone in power at the club sat there and thought: "today is the day Sheff Weds decide to cave in and let us have one of their players on loan, after playing us for foolsall the other times we tried to get someone off them"..

If Gregory was our 4th choice target, we would have still been talking to them in case our 3 preferred options fell through. On days like today, you need to have every option on standby.