January Reinforcements

sage

If it is Ward who wants to leave, I think that says a lot about Sibley starting at the weekend at Left Back. I thought Warne said Wilson could play either side so you'd think Ward have gone to right back.

Or does Warne think Ward is a massive defensive liability and won't put him anywhere near a full back spot. Seems strange.

Ward, for good reasons, is third choice RB. We also have Smith as cover

Yes he can cross...but in a situation where we only have one fit striker, he can go.

Fornah has some positive attributes, but he's lost the ball poorly so many times that if it means we can get someone else in...he can go too. First half against Bradford he was excruciatingly bad. Not sure Warne can trust him.

Edited by MaltRam

3 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Ward, for good reasons, is third choice RB. We also have Smith as cover

Yes he can cross...but in a situation where we only have one fit striker, he can go.

Fornah has some positive attributes, but he's lost the ball poorly so many times that if it means we can get someone else in...he can go too. First half against Bradford he was excruciatingly bad. Not sure Warne can trust him.

I think fornah would improve dramatically if he got the game time. But him and thompson are somehow behind hourihane whos less mobile than my grandad , and he passed away 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, MaltRam said:

Hourihane is captain, passes the ball better than anyone else on the books, and has done it all in the game. It'd be mad not to start him 90% of the time. The blend around him has to he right though.

Bird can do everything hourihane can ( apart from score goals but then again hourihane has barely done that.). Think the only thing keeping hourihane in the team atm is the arm band.

Edited by CodnorRam

18 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

If Fornah leaves, I expect a replacement who will play an integral part in going up. Stupid letting him go

Can you see Fornah being an integral part of us going up ? For me his ball retention and tackling is poor and he reminds me of Paulo Wanchope before he bought a Bullworker. We need an aggressive central midfielder asap.

14 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

What do you want us linked with every player for us to get none or the club to do the business in private and sign players?

Bit of both. Love a dirty transfer rumour, something mad Mel excelled at. All this hush hush is boring. 

But will concede nobody can moan about our dealings until the window is shut.

31 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can you see Fornah being an integral part of us going up ? For me his ball retention and tackling is poor and he reminds me of Paulo Wanchope before he bought a Bullworker. We need an aggressive central midfielder asap.

He's been Wanchope and Powell today.  I see him more as a Bob Malcolm 

32 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Bolton close to bringing in a 2nd and 3rd signing. Portsmouth have 2 in the bank and are linked with another 2. Posh nobody but keeping their players is as good as signing somebody. 

All eyes on us. Currently linked with nobody.

I'm afraid we blew our wad in the summer.  Once the Cashin deal went pear shaped, as we dug our heels in on a loan back or loan for Edmundson from Ipswich where he was going straight on loan, our options were curtailed.   I suggested a few weeks ago that I'd heard some must go on loan or permanent before much else could happen.  Seems likely. 

A couple of Nelson type signings wouldn’t go amiss. That was a quality piece of business and proves there are gems out there. Wilson too was a good signing as was Nyambe. Elder pre injury was playing well and PW seems to have got a tune out of Tommo so not all bad