January Reinforcements

sage

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is what is being missed by many - many of the fans who are critical of Warne see that chance, and are frustrated and annoyed at the way he is potentially making our chance of promotion harder (or like last season impossible!)... that is what is mostly being discussed, not whether we support the team and Club.

But it sometimes feels they then fail to see or acknowledge there are some positives too?

I don’t deny there are valid concerns, never have, never will, but choose to look at the optimistic side of things. We do have good players, we do have a coaching staff that have won promotion from this league before so their experience could/should count for something, we are scoring goals, we are winning games, we have a good away record, the team (until recently due to injuries biting) look fit and able to compete for longer.

I’ll never get the apparent lack of balance I see in some people’s views but am at least (mostly) respectful of that, there’s good and there’s bad. I don’t see that our chances are harder or impossible at the moment, but that’s just my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is what is being missed by many - many of the fans who are critical of Warne see that chance, and are frustrated and annoyed at the way he is potentially making our chance of promotion harder (or like last season impossible!)... that is what is mostly being discussed, not whether we support the team and Club.

So all the boos at half time were aimed at Warne, not the players? All the cheers when Hourihane was substituted were aimed at Warne , not directed to the player.

20 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

So all the boos at half time were aimed at Warne, not the players? All the cheers when Hourihane was substituted were aimed at Warne , not directed to the player.

Chicken and egg. If Warne stopped playing Hourihane and Bird as the midfield then maybe we'd see a better Bird and a better Hourihane.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Striker was Goodwin who's gone to Oxford.  Fee rather than wages. Twice this season they've gazumped us for attacking options. Don't know if he's any good to be honest.

So you're saying Goodwin but bad fee?

I was going to comment about not overspending again, but actually, I'm happy with this being my only contribution to the thread 

Edited by whiteroseram

For the premier league player, we have been linked to Michael Olakigbe a young winger from Brentford. Brentford have just agreed a 30 million fee for a winger so if it is him he could now be allowed leave on loan. 

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For the premier league player, we have been linked to Michael Olakigbe a young winger from Brentford. Brentford have just agreed a 30 million fee for a winger so if it is him he could now be allowed leave on loan. 

CBT was surely the winger signing though? Unless Olakigbe can play as a striker, it would seem we would be after a central player. 

56 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Everyone knows we needed more this transfer window. Good move getting CBT but we need more. If we don’t get them, that’s on Thomas/Pearce/Clowes not Warne, and probably not even on them we’re clearly still heavily restricted. 

Only a handful of people know what restrictions we may be under , but we are losing £300 k a month . Clowes will know - that is not sustainable.

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Chicken and egg. If Warne stopped playing Hourihane and Bird as the midfield then maybe we'd see a better Bird and a better Hourihane.

You could well be right but it doesn't alter the fact that a proportion of supporters bood at half time etc. and cheered when Hourihane was substituted. I think it's a bit of a stretch to come to the conclusion that those reactions were aimed at Warne and not the players. If we're going to cut the players a bit more slack because of the system being forced on them then surely a sympathetic groan rather than boos and a respective silence instead of cheers would have been more helpful and appropriate.

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Only a handful of people know what restrictions we may be under , but we are losing £300 k a month . Clowes will know - that is not sustainable.

Which football clubs outside of the Premier League make a YOY operational profit 

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Which football clubs outside of the Premier League make a YOY operational profit 

Not many , I bet . Goodness knows how Burton survive with their crowds . But did Clowes buy DCFC to pump £300k a month into the business? 

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Not many , I bet . Goodness knows how Burton survive with their crowds . But did Clowes buy DCFC to pump £300k a month into the business? 

That was my point.

We're not dissimilar from a whole host of other league clubs by turning over losses on a regular basis.

Why did the chairman of those teams acquire those clubs?

Am sure Clowes didn't need reminding of the harsh reality of this when he bought the club, but the money has to come from somewhere like other league clubs or we fold again. It's that simple. 

On the comment about someone on the fringes not getting the game time they want, I wondered about Joe Ward.  Nyambe comes back this week and Wilson has jumped ahead of him at full back.  Smith can also play there.  In the wide midfield position we have NML and Wilson ahead of him on that side.  Just a thought 🤷‍♂️.

7 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

On the comment about someone on the fringes not getting the game time they want, I wondered about Joe Ward.  Nyambe comes back this week and Wilson has jumped ahead of him at full back.  Smith can also play there.  In the wide midfield position we have NML and Wilson ahead of him on that side.  Just a thought 🤷‍♂️.

Fornah maybe the other one. Although he would be more annoying to lose than Ward.