January Reinforcements

sage

56 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Below, I've highlighted who I consider to be the three most likely options

The top 3 rated players from the 4 clubs I previously mentioned (min 20 games played):
Carlisle - Moxon (CM, 7.00), Gibson (RW, 6.86), Lavelle (CB, 6.77)
Wigan  - Humphrys (RW, 7.05), Tickle (GK, 6.91), Morrison (CB, 6.81)
Mansfield - Keillor-Dunn (AM, 7.53), Flint (CB, 7.24), Maris (CM, 7.23)
Chesterfield - No Whoscored ratings... Dobra has been loosely linked

Bolton and Barnsley are also playing, but I'd be extremely surprised if they sold to us.
Other clubs in action (L1 or lower):
Forest Green - McAllister (RW, 7.04), Inniss (CB, 6.71), Bunker (DM, 6.66)
Newport - Evans (CF, 7.07), McLoughlin (RB, 6.94), Bogle (CF, 6.90)
Doncaster - Ironside (CF, 6.85), Bailey (CB, 6.81), Anderson (CB, 6.81)

Think Keillor-Dunn would be a great signing. Cant imagine Mansfield wanting to sell though. 

3 minutes ago, taggy180 said:

I think it's that young Brentford winger, they are playing at wolves

Would be a bold gamble to think he's going to play enough to go and watch. He played 27 mins in the first game, but in the 11 appearances this season, he averages under 14mins a game.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Would be a bold gamble to think he's going to play enough to go and watch. He played 27 mins in the first game, but in the 11 appearances this season, he averages under 14mins a game.

14 mins a game - that’s similar to a lot of Warne’s signings 😉

From the BBC Sports website about Reading:-

One MP, Damian Green, is a Reading fan and was at Saturday's game against Port Vale which was abandoned after fans invaded the pitch to protest against owner Dai Yongge. 

"The word on the street is that he now doesn't want to sell and is just asset stripping and is doing it quite visibly with players," Green said.

"He is willing to sell any player of any value for what little he can get and wants to be left with the training ground as a piece of property having folded the club. 

Surely there's some half decent players still left at Reading we can get for a nominal fee?

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’ve heard is the following today:

we’ve had scouts at Notts County games recently 

Owen Moxon is a name we’re after plus we’ve scouted in SPL, Notthern Ireland and one scout has been to a French league match.

Wildsmith not playing has something to do with a contract dispute 

Makes sense with regards Wildsmith.

Warne made a comment about contracts triggering and it felt like something was slightly off about it.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

One MP, Damian Green, is a Reading fan and was at Saturday's game against Port Vale which was abandoned after fans invaded the pitch to protest against owner Dai Yongge. 

"The word on the street is that he now doesn't want to sell and is just asset stripping and is doing it quite visibly with players," Green said.

"He is willing to sell any player of any value for what little he can get and wants to be left with the training ground as a piece of property having folded the club. 

Surely there's some half decent players still left at Reading we can get for a nominal fee?

The defenders I like are injury prone, so a big no. Wings, Savage and Knibbs are decent mids but wouldn't be a significant improvement on our starting 11 but would add depth. Azeez would be a starter on the right wing. Smith with be strong competition upfront and likely a regualr starters.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe we could poach a player or two for peanuts, like when we sold Shinnie to Wigan.

Be interesting if the game Warne mentioned he was going to tonight was at Chesterfield to see Dobra. According to a mate at the game Chris Conn Clarke is having a great game. I’ve heard him rumoured with a few football league teams. He’s a 22 year old (maybe a decade too young for us) attacking midfielder, with 13 goals in 23 games at Altrincham and had 10 in 33 last season.

6 minutes ago, rams_1233 said:

What do you mean mate?

He looked gutted. Stood alone for a good 90 seconds before he moved towards team mates. Like it was his last game or blown a transfer.

Only caught last 10 minutes or so. Tried to go round his man but opponent won the ball which lead to a penalty. Slightly overnight a cross then hot.one from 30 yards.  Keeper had it covered but decent effort.