January Reinforcements

sage

Just now, Kernow said:

Why was it embarrassing? Paul Warne has spoken a lot about how so many little things need to happen to get a transfer over the line, even out of his hands. He could make an account on this forum and tell us who we were going to sign based on his knowledge, and he still wouldn't have a 100% success rate.

Journalists report deals that will happen all year round, this time of year it's relentless, they don't all happen. However these journalists make a living reporting this, whereas people like Big Trav post things because it hopefully brings a bit of positivity. People like signings, and like talking about them otherwise the transfer threads wouldn't attract so much interest.

I'm not a fan of people who pretend to be ITK just for a bit of attention like you see a lot on Twitter, but BT has proven he does have some contacts or inside knowledge with what he's told us before. Just because every bit of information he gets doesn't result in a signing, doesn't mean it's embarrassing or deserves constant snipes.

Each to his own. I don’t think BT is ITK whatsoever and gets his so called links from the internet. I suggest you revisit his last day posts of the last transfer window. Virtually everything he suggested was from unproven Twitter accounts that proved to be nonsense. But, enough said. I won’t comment on his ITK posts from now on.

If we are in for CBT, it's all about 2 clubs meeting somewhere in the middle. Our negotiating strategy will be to point out that Charlton get a small fee now rather than nothing in the summer whilst paying an unsettled player's wages for 6 months. Also, any lingering hopes of making the play offs are disappearing and could be finally extinguished before the end of the month.

Charlton will rely on Derby needing CBT to be a crucial signing in order to achieve promotion.

CBT can't help but wanting to sort his future out asap and go to the best club offering the best package available to him, the uncertainty can't be good for him atm.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Each to his own. I don’t think BT is ITK whatsoever and gets his so called links from the internet. I suggest you revisit his last day posts of the last transfer window. Virtually everything he suggested was from unproven Twitter accounts that proved to be nonsense. But, enough said. I won’t comment on his ITK posts from now on.

By the last day of last season, are you referring to the JCH links? It's no secret that Brighton wanted Cashin and he very nearly went but time ran out. I'm sure we had some deals lined up with the money we would've made from that sale, but it's a domino effect.

Like I said, Paul Warne could ring you up and tell you we're signing X, Y and Z. Not all three would sign though, all it takes is one thing to change at the last minute and deals can be off. Even if Big Trav was the bloke who takes the photos of the signings holding scarves above their heads, it doesn't mean it'll 100% happen. Players have had their photoshoots done before and then gone off and signed someone else.

I don't believe/expect every single link from BT will come off, but I also don't think that he's plucking the names out of thin air or 'ITK' Twitter accounts.

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

By the last day of last season, are you referring to the JCH links? It's no secret that Brighton wanted Cashin and he very nearly went but time ran out. I'm sure we had some deals lined up with the money we would've made from that sale, but it's a domino effect.

Like I said, Paul Warne could ring you up and tell you we're signing X, Y and Z. Not all three would sign though, all it takes is one thing to change at the last minute and deals can be off. Even if Big Trav was the bloke who takes the photos of the signings holding scarves above their heads, it doesn't mean it'll 100% happen. Players have had their photoshoots done before and then gone off and signed someone else.

I don't believe/expect every single link from BT will come off, but I also don't think that he's plucking the names out of thin air or 'ITK' Twitter accounts.

No, when he was scrapping around trying to show that he was ITK but failing abysmally. If you want to believe him fine. I don’t, but I have obviously annoyed other posters so will leave it at that. Time will tell if BT or Beryl are more accurate 👍

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, when he was scrapping around trying to show that he was ITK but failing abysmally.

I think you're being unfair to the lad. Didn't he get 4 in a row right and in the right order too or did I just imagine that? Pretty sure that's when I realised he must have someone who is passing on news and that's all he's ever claimed. It's not like he's giving it the big 'un and shouting from the rooftops, is it?

Also, the last day debacle you hang him on was, I thought, also linked to the Cashin business which as we now know, fell apart late in the day and had knock-on effects for other deals, ie. we didn't have £3M sloshing about anymore. It seems rather unfair to ignore the signings he got right and just focus on that one chaotic day, whatever the validity of that day's info.

FWIW, I think most of us like all the mystery, gossip, guesswork and chatter that comes around with every window, or at least I do! 

10 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think you're being unfair to the lad. Didn't he get 4 in a row right and in the right order too or did I just imagine that? Pretty sure that's when I realised he must have someone who is passing on news and that's all he's ever claimed. It's not like he's giving it the big 'un and shouting from the rooftops, is it?

Also, the last day debacle you hang him on was, I thought, also linked to the Cashin business which as we now know, fell apart late in the day and had knock-on effects for other deals, ie. we didn't have £3M sloshing about anymore. It seems rather unfair to ignore the signings he got right and just focus on that one chaotic day, whatever the validity of that day's info.

FWIW, I think most of us like all the mystery, gossip, guesswork and chatter that comes around with every window, or at least I do! 

He got one out of the blue granted, but the other 4 were nailed on. He gets as many wrong as he does right, about the same as I would looking at various internet sites. But if people want to believe him fine. However, my view is as valid as the believers 😉

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Strange that CBT did not play for Charlton today, was'nt even a sub. Looks like the player wants a move. Rumours on Charlton's forum is he took a slight knock in training on Friday, but a lot of fans are not buying that.

It’s not a rumour, it was on Charltons website when they gave out the team news.

Wether he is actually injured or not is another story.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He got one out of the blue granted, but the other 4 were nailed on. He gets as many wrong as he does right, about the same as I would looking at various internet sites. But if people want to believe him fine. However, my view is as valid as the believers 😉

I don't think it's a matter of whether he's actually 'in the know' or not - more a case of your constant sarcastic digs every time a poster mentions his name. It's tiresome.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I don't think it's a matter of whether he's actually 'in the know' or not - more a case of your constant sarcastic digs every time a poster mentions his name. It's tiresome.

And you taking everything he says as gospel is tiresome, maybe we need to give it a rest. My view is as valid as yours based on the evidence.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And you taking everything he says as gospel is tiresome, maybe we need to give it a rest. My view is as valid as yours based on the evidence.

When does this not commenting start?

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Find me one example - just one, where I've even said one of his posts has been accurate but for me, that's not the issue. Of course your view is valid and I agree with many of your posts but you do yourself no favours where BT is concerned.

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Find me one example - just one, where I've even said one of his posts has been accurate but for me, that's not the issue. Of course your view is valid and I agree with many of your posts but you do yourself no favours where BT is concerned.

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So, we all go along with the charade, what in the hope that we genuinely have someone ITK, you have lost me. Surely you either think he is genuinely ITK or not. I don’t think he is. How would you respond then in my position? A smiley emoji or just ignore him?