January Reinforcements

sage

13 minutes ago, rams_1233 said:

Who would people guess these two players are?

It’s hard to say, but from what I remember a lot of the names we were linked to in the summer via various media outlets came to nothing and the actual signings were kept relatively under wraps until they happened, save for BT’s bingo card. 
With that in mind I’m wondering if it’ll be players we haven’t seen linked so far (so not Hale, Lang, Arblaster etc….but maybe Blackett-Taylor) 

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No, they’re both s****. As are Ward, Fornah, Bradley… even Vickers has not looked good so far. Think I have more faith in the government than Paul Warnes recruitment 

Now that is exaggerating 🤣

One to keep an eye on is 21 year old forward Will Goodwin from Cheltenham. Struggled with injuries a bit early in the season, but him starting consistently has coincided with Cheltenham's upturn in results (starting with his assist against us). 6 goals and 2 assists in his last 11 games (836 mins). 

Scored and assisted for Torquay when we drew against them in the FA Cup last season as well.

image.thumb.png.9d09f8647d21ba30f9192efebe91cafb.png

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Corey Blackett-Taylor, shown around training ground Monday. Know nothing more than that 

Yep, but I’ve heard a couple of other teams are in for him so we will have to wait and see…

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No, they’re both s****. As are Ward, Fornah, Bradley… even Vickers has not looked good so far. Think I have more faith in the government than Paul Warnes recruitment 

At least give vickers some Lee-way he lost his wife a few weeks ago and could potentially suffering from mental health etc. nothing he could do about the fleetwood goal. Last nights goal the whole team was below par even the subs he wasn’t helped by the moronic defending from the corner. He commanded his area perfectly against fleetwood coming for long balls and corners. He also made a save at 2-1 to keep us in the ascendency 

18 minutes ago, sage said:

If we don't add at least 2 good players we won't finish top 2. I'd suggest 3 or 4 to be favourites.

I would add that if we add no one good and any 2 of Nelson, Cashin, Bird, Hourihane, NML or Collins got a long term injury we could easily miss out on the top 6.  

Agreed.

That cost us last season and we could make do with what we have, but our lack of depth means that just one or two injuries will derail our season.

We are in a much stronger position for top 2 than last season, purely due to the quality of the opposition. If we don’t take this chance this season then we will just suffer more financially and there’s no guarantee we would be in a better position to get promoted next year instead.

I understand our budget may not be great, but we have to add quality or we risk just getting left behind.

Smart additions in January also help set us up for the summer if we do go up. There’s a thread about what we’d need to get mid table in the Championship. If we go with what we have and it is enough, then that’s a hell of a lot of work to do again in the summer.

Leigh Curtis reporting Hale and Lang aren’t of interest to us. So maybe CBT is one of the players we’re “close” to. 

total guesswork but Leigh Curtis reckons Lang is off to another league one club. Portsmouth don’t want him so wonder if Charlton are signing him to replace CBT as they have money to spend.

Edited by Eoghan1884

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Agreed.

That cost us last season and we could make do with what we have, but our lack of depth means that just one or two injuries will derail our season.

We are in a much stronger position for top 2 than last season, purely due to the quality of the opposition. If we don’t take this chance this season then we will just suffer more financially and there’s no guarantee we would be in a better position to get promoted next year instead.

I understand our budget may not be great, but we have to add quality or we risk just getting left behind.

Smart additions in January also help set us up for the summer if we do go up. There’s a thread about what we’d need to get mid table in the Championship. If we go with what we have and it is enough, then that’s a hell of a lot of work to do again in the summer.

The same goes for the other clubs trying to get promoted - lose a key player and it’s difficult to replace them.