Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Yes we got a League one manager, that's been proven before he got recruited. I was one that was against his appointment from day one. I was hoping (being a longlife Derby fan) that he would be able to adapt, change his tactics, playing style etc. All other coaches/managers, having seen Warne's teams (Rotherham & Derby) style of play, have worked it out and know how to beat it with inferior players.

Basically exactly what I said yesterday.  Play the same style 3 times.  If you have anything adequate as a coach/manager you'll work around it by that point.  Question is can Warne work round their Warne fix.  At this juncture it's a clear no. Just more 'gas' and no doubt another raft of muscle strains.

15 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Yes we got a League one manager, that's been proven before he got recruited. I was one that was against his appointment from day one. I was hoping (being a longlife Derby fan) that he would be able to adapt, change his tactics, playing style etc. All other coaches/managers, having seen Warne's teams (Rotherham & Derby) style of play, have worked it out and know how to beat it with inferior players.

Makes you wonder why all the other coaches/managers weren’t able to figure it out after his first, and certainly his second, promotion with Rotherham. Are we unlucky that they have only just cottoned on? 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're brave! What was said then?

Basically it was implied that they have been told that Warne’s job is safe. 
It wasn’t even open to discussion that he could or should be sacked - all about getting behind the team for tomorrow’s game.

Apparently it’s a must win game - although he isn’t going anywhere if we don’t win.

1 minute ago, Justa said:

Basically it was implied that they have been told that Warne’s job is safe. 
It wasn’t even open to discussion that he could or should be sacked - all about getting behind the team for tomorrow’s game.

Apparently it’s a must win game - although he isn’t going anywhere if we don’t win.

Excellent. The 'vote of confidence' from the owner! 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

On 22/10/2023 at 10:41, MadAmster said:

Folk don't KNOW what we can/can't afford but, when there's a business plan in place to which we have to adhere and the club was saying we can't afford transfer fees, it does seem to indicate that there's not much wriggle room in the budget. Not much wriggle room in what we may spend according to the business plan. What would paying PW and his staff off cost? We fans have no idea but if we guess at 20K a week for PW, 15K each for Barker and Hammy and 10K for Warrington, the keeper's coach, that's 60K a week which comes to £3.12M a year. Two and a half years left so 3,12 * 2.5 and you have £7.8M. Now, as I've said, I'm only guessing but even if their wages are only half the figures I've used, you're talking the best part of £4M to get rid. Even if we do have that kind of  money floating around, would we be allowed to spend it under the business plan? Again we don't know but it's not a daft thought that we probably can't spend that amount on compo for PW et al.

The poster to whom you replied was making a, not unreasonable, assumption, IMO.

Well when we are nowhere in site of being in the promotion race come the January transfer window. We will sell our prized young talent on the cheap, i.e. Cashin, Bird,  Sibley and Thompson. Then we will have the cash to off load Warne and his dross coaching staff. But we will be set back at least 2 or 3 seasons with no decent players and the incoming manager and his team will have to be the bees knees to get this club out of league one.

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting to hear what’s said about finances. 

Portsmouth and oxfords managers came in after warne and spent no fees and one nearly got relegated last season the last day. 

both are more entertaining and have an identity about there play and have had less time than warne. Says everything you need to know 

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Portsmouth and oxfords managers came in after warne and spent no fees and one nearly got relegated last season the last day. 

both are more entertaining and have an identity about there play and have had less time than warne. Says everything you need to know 

Not really sure what that’s got to do with my interest in the club’s finances being discussed, which it turned out was nothing new nor insightful, but thank you for sharing the observation.

On 22/10/2023 at 10:54, Tyler Durden said:

We keep coming back to the same point as I'm trying to move this debate away from PW's alleged shortcomings as a manager which I get after reading thread after thread about him to basically if it's that obvious then why hasn't DC also seen this and why hasn't DC done something about the situation?

Which also expands into the comments being made that they're not going to put up with this for another 2.5 years - well if we can't afford to get rid of PW then they're going to have to or like you said not renew their season tickets next season and so on. 

Having read lots of your comments on loads of blogs, I've decided, Tyler Durden YOU ARE A REBEL WITH NO CAUSE.

Just now, Premier ram said:

Seeing as you are taking so much joy in Warnes so called demise , which manager would you want to replace him.?

TBH absolutely any manager that believes in playing football based around possession. All this oh we can't sack another manager is b*******. If they are crap they are crap. Warne's had over a year and he's crap. Annoyingly crap at that.

What the hell I'd take Warnock, at least it would be amusing.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not really sure what that’s got to do with my interest in the club’s finances being discussed, which it turned out was nothing new nor insightful, but thank you for sharing the observation.

Because like us they didn’t spend transfer fees so using the excuse of finances for where we are

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting to hear what’s said about finances. 

Exactly ! And the Warne out brigade all moan about how bad our recruitment has been and how we, the mighty DCFC are picking up scraps. Yes .. we are/were.. because we couldn’t buy anything ! So quite frankly moaning about Warne’s attractiveness or ability in the market is in a word pathetic. .. We climbed out of a cess pit. This was our starting point and the moaning Minnie’s sit there saying why why why and it’s not fair or it’s not right or he’s a philistine or the football is rubbish. .. just remember the starting point ! 

And No .. I don’t think we’ve done as well as we might have, and yes there is considerable room for improvement, and yes again I can see our frailties and weaknesses but sacking the manager after a season in those circumstances, when we are sitting mid table and with what was at his disposal is plain stupid. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Because like us they didn’t spend transfer fees so using the excuse of finances for where we are

At what point did I say anything about an excuse? I shared a tweet that mentioned finances and said I’d be interested to hear what’s said, I then listened to the podcast in question and found it wasn’t interesting insight into the finances after all. 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Exactly ! And the Warne out brigade all moan about how bad our recruitment has been and how we, the mighty DCFC are picking up scraps. Yes .. we are/were.. because we couldn’t buy anything ! So quite frankly moaning about Warne’s attractiveness or ability in the market is in a word pathetic. .. We climbed out of a cess pit. This was our starting point and the moaning Minnie’s sit there saying why why why and it’s not fair or it’s not right or he’s a philistine or the football is rubbish. .. just remember the starting point ! 

And No .. I don’t think we’ve done as well as we might have, and yes there is considerable room for improvement, and yes again I can see our frailties and weaknesses but sacking the manager after a season in those circumstances, when we are sitting mid table and with what was at his disposal is plain stupid. 

No. That is not what was said.

@Iago: "It's a bit of a misrepresentation of what he said from Dom. Deitrich

What Warne actually says about signing another number 9 is they had a list of players they could get on a free and a list of players that would cost a fee and how much they would cost. When they weighed it up they chose to spend the budget elsewhere, which is very different. Especially when you have signed 11 players from the league above, or higher."

Edited by RoyMac5

On 22/10/2023 at 11:02, MadAmster said:

Maybe he was thinking it's time for stability and sustainability, I don't know. Maybe he'd set his heart and mind on getting PW et al in which gave PW a solid bargaining position...

I think your'e right, once warne knew he was wanted, he hung out for a big long contract.