Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

13 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

rosenior only lost 3 out of 12 games.

If he was the brains behind the operation in the championship, then he did a pretty good job because we weren't far off overcoming the minus 21 points

A slightly misleading stat as 3 of those games were against lower league opposition in the cup. If you look at league only defeats then LR lost 33% of his games whilst PW only lost 24% last season and 27% in total (if my maths are correct). 

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If we were even slightly decent away from home we would have stayed up.

We started League One the way we spent the whole Championship season completely clueless on how to win an away game.

If we had those 21 points that were knocked off then we would have stayed up. Bizarre criticism considering the restrictions Rooney and Rosenior were managing under, especially when you also consider our home form has completely collapsed under Warne and good home form is the basis for any successful team.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Warne has had a handful of games with his own players.

Injuries have meant he is unable to field his team so far.

Out of curiosity, what would it take for you to admit that Warne hasn't done a good enough job so far? You're starting to sound a bit like King Canute yelling at the tide.

I understand that you just want to back the team against all else, and that's admirable. But your support is misdirected if Warne is doing more harm than good.

If Warne was sacked on Monday, would you be disappointed?

Warne had a whole season to recruit the players he wanted and has stated he is happy with what he has but again post match laid blame to not having certain players. When he first came in he stated what to expect 

press for 90mins, exciting football prime age players etc and has recruited the exact opposite. With his style of play we are actually weaker now than what Rosenior left him. 

if we to choose which transfer window was rushed post administartion I would have said this one and not last year which tells you something and he doesn’t have the pull or style of play players want to play for 

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you propose the man who stepped in and saved our club (a hero in your own words) should pay for his "horrendous error"? An error (if that is what it turns out to be) is easy to see in hindsight. Was it really such a horrendous error at the time to appoint a manager with three league one promotions out of three attempts? We all know PW doesn't have a good record of keeping teams in the Championship but, without the benefit of a crystal ball, it was probably reasonable to assume that he knew how to get teams promoted. 

Pay as in sacking him. And it was an horrendous error. 

10 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

If we had those 21 points that were knocked off then we would have stayed up. Bizarre criticism considering the restrictions Rooney and Rosenior were managing under, especially when you also consider our home form has completely collapsed under Warne and good home form is the basis for any successful team.

Not that bizarre.

We knew our situation from early in the season and with half of the season left it became apparent if we could improve our away form we would have a chance of staying up.

9 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Out of curiosity, what would it take for you to admit that Warne hasn't done a good enough job so far? You're starting to sound a bit like King Canute yelling at the tide.

I understand that you just want to back the team against all else, and that's admirable. But your support is misdirected if Warne is doing more harm than good.

If Warne was sacked on Monday, would you be disappointed?

I dont think Warne has done a good job so far.

I think we should have made the play offs last season but we missed out by one place. 

No, I wouldnt be that disappointed but only because of the situation that him being manager is causing.

18 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Most of the fans want him out, but DC and SP want to stick with him. Dreadful stuff. Whether they like it or not, once the fans turn its game over.

I have my doubts about Warne but how could you possibly know that most of the fans want him out? Don’t make the mistake of thinking that message boards are representative of the entire fan base. You might be right but how can you know?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I dont think Warne has done a good job so far.

I think we should have made the play offs last season but we missed out by one place. 

No, I wouldnt be that disappointed but only because of the situation that him being manager is causing.

Fair play, can't argue with any of those answers.