Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you was enjoying watching us playing 100 passes between the back 4 whilst drawing 0-0 with Shrewsbury or losing 2-1 (I think) to Lincoln.

As you say, everyone to their own!

Rosenior was building towards something though and at the same time had to gel an entire new squad together. The reason for the possesion based game was so that we could really control games. Not like now where we sit back and let the opposition dictate how the games going to go. Lets not forget Rosenior never had Didzy match fit who we now know carried warne for the 2nd half of last season. 

2 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Whoever advised Clowes to appoint Warne over Rosenoir should be locked up for football crimes!! If its just Clowes's decision then he should pay up for his horrendous error. Clowes will always be a hero for saving the club but the decision to not appoint Rosenoir will go down in history as one of the worst at Derby. Warne has sucked the life out of Derby fans. Hes in a special club of managers now along with Jewell,Brown and Docherty!!

I think without the benefit of hindsight, I would have definitely looked at Paul Warne as a candidate based on performance. Sadly, I think he just hasn't proved he can take his managerial ability to a bigger reputation club.

You're right though, I was a big Rosenior fan. I could see the shoots of great football, and we definitely seem to create more and we were genuinely unlucky in some away games, Charlton springs to mind. A really good project the fans could get behind on the cards. Rookie manager, bundled together squad with some quality. I'd have given it a go even for the simple reason of a "good factor" feel, nothing to lose.

2 minutes ago, SSD said:

I think without the benefit of hindsight, I would have definitely looked at Paul Warne as a candidate based on performance. Sadly, I think he just hasn't proved he can take his managerial ability to a bigger reputation club.

You're right though, I was a big Rosenior fan. I could see the shoots of great football, and we definitely seem to create more and we were genuinely unlucky in some away games, Charlton springs to mind. A really good project the fans could get behind on the cards. Rookie manager, bundled together squad with some quality. I'd have given it a go even for the simple reason of a "good factor" feel, nothing to lose.

Anybody that knows me knew i was gutted we chucked away the chance with Rosenoir. When Rosenoir was on Sky working on the Championship he was superb analysing games. The only one worth listening to. The way he chucked a squad together in like 3 weeks and for us to dominate games and be 7th after 9 games was unbelievable. But you hear the same rubbish..."ooh we never scored away"..about Rosenoir. Charlton away should have been over at half time...Lincoln away 2 disallowed goals that were never offside. Rosenoir is class. A football crime was committed at Derby County. 

14 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Whoever advised Clowes to appoint Warne over Rosenoir should be locked up for football crimes!! If its just Clowes's decision then he should pay up for his horrendous error. Clowes will always be a hero for saving the club but the decision to not appoint Rosenoir will go down in history as one of the worst at Derby. Warne has sucked the life out of Derby fans. Hes in a special club of managers now along with Jewell,Brown and Docherty!!

It's not that dumb a decision was it. 3 promotions from the League we found ourselves floundering in. 

Only red flag was only one team on hs CV plus immediate relegations each time. 

27 minutes ago, S8TY said:

because it was in its infancy! it needed time... time he never got...but lets give Warne time to turn us into a real L1 side eh!

Both Rosenior's and Warne needed time to implement there game, one has had enough time for me and I also know which one was better to watch 

So Rosenior with his own players had 11/12 games and it was in its infancy.

Warne with his players has had only slightly longer, with most of his signings out injured, but that is not in its infancy?

Not even defending Warne, just pointing out the inconsistency in the way you judge the 2.

I have been bored by both styles to be honest.

18 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Rosenior was building towards something though and at the same time had to gel an entire new squad together. The reason for the possesion based game was so that we could really control games. Not like now where we sit back and let the opposition dictate how the games going to go. Lets not forget Rosenior never had Didzy match fit who we now know carried warne for the 2nd half of last season. 

So we were winning all of these games we were controlling I assume?

How come we were 7th in the division?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's not that dumb a decision was it. 3 promotions from the League we found ourselves floundering in. 

Only red flag was only one team on hs CV plus immediate relegations each time. 

I did find it dumb for many reasons. Why let a interim manager sign players to play a certain way and then replace him with a bloke with a totally view on football...with 3 relegations on his CV. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If the goal is to get to The Championship, how is hiring someone with 3 promotions to The Championship a shocking decision, which is what the poster said?

You could say the same about England hiring Capello after he won the league title with Real Madrid for the first time in several seasons without actually delving into the details. Warne was never the right fit. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If the goal is to get to The Championship, how is hiring someone with 3 promotions to The Championship a shocking decision, which is what the poster said?

because he's never kept a team in the championship before.  So isn't it very short term to hire someone who is effectively useless as soon as we get promoted?

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

because he's never kept a team in the championship before.  So isn't it very short term to hire someone who is effectively useless as soon as we get promoted?

No because you can just get rid after we've got promoted like we should've done with the poison dwarf and get someone more equipped for the higher division.

Warne isn't a pragmatist though. He's a one style manager. Be really fit and out work them.

A pragmatist would look at what resources we have in the squad and try to make efficient team of it.

Warnock is the great example of this, his team's have the irritating character of Colin himself but they always set up to make the most of what he has rather than "we will do X and if that doesn't work do it harder"

33 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Agree it was a clear mistake, don’t let him do more damage. Get him out

his reluctance to make a change is worrying

41 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I wouldn't say either were good to watch,both boring in their own pointless ways,neither of which produced a great deal of goals.

I get what you're saying but to think Rosenior or any manager with a new team could get us playing great no fault football in 7 games is a lot to ask...but given time i beleive we'd be happier than what we are now 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You could say the same about England hiring Capello after he won the league title with Real Madrid for the first time in several seasons without actually delving into the details. Warne was never the right fit. 

League football and knockout competition are completely different.