What are your long term realistic ambitions for DCFC?

CongletonRam

25 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I said Brighton were a well run club last season and got pelters for it . If you can buy players from South America for £5 mill and sell them for £100 mill - you are doing well. But you need the right recruitment team and an owner prepared to gamble £5 mill in the first place .

As long as he doesn’t do a Mel.😉

IMG_0179.png

8 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

I don't mind where we are as long as there's a bit of excitement going to games. I'd be up for a promotion push from non-league as long as I can come home from the match with a grin on my face.

Sorry but I find that very hard to believe. You’d accept another two relegations (at least) provided the football you then watched was exciting even if Derby were playing in the National League or below? 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sorry but I find that very hard to believe. You’d accept another two relegations (at least) provided the football you then watched was exciting even if Derby were playing in the National League or below? 

I'd obviously rather be playing at a higher level, but I'm not fussed what level we're playing at as long as we had something to be excited about. In the same way as I'd rather the Mrs was a supermodel, but I still love her regardless. I'll skip the exciting bits with that analogy.

5 years - a competitive championship club.

Longer term, a top championship to low premier league club as we go through our ups and downs.

Don't expect to revisit league 1, have minimal seasons faffing around the dregs of the championship. 

Paul Warne is so beloved that several notable bladies have bobble hats tattooed onto their heads in dedication to the great man.

37 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

All we need is to find the right manager then the rest should take care of itself. Ipswich were where we are not long ago now they're 2nd in the Championship. 

Football's a dead easy game when you think about it, you recruit the best manager whom then buys the best players.

It's a wonder other people haven't considered that strategy already.  

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Football's a dead easy game when you think about it, you recruit the best manager whom then buys the best players.

It's a wonder other people haven't considered that strategy already.  

We have, but we got it wrong again!