Fireworks

Day

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Ear defenders, have you tried them?

on the dog I mean. Get a pair from Screwfix, gaffer tape them on his head.

thank me later.

Ive not heard one firework down here yet, sounds like its a problem with the local chavs?

Belper has a population of 50 

50 minutes ago, David said:

Feels a bit distasteful given what is going on in the world today, however it is time for my annual topic on fireworks.

It's October 16th.

The dog is petrified hiding in the bathroom. Shut the seat to hide the skiddys.

Ban the public sale of fireworks ffs!

IMG_3941.jpeg

Does the Mrs make you kneel on that plinth to take a piss?

51 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Ive not heard one firework down here yet, sounds like its a problem with the local chavs?

Plenty all year round here in Stenson, Diwali every week 😁, Mind you the noise of the fireworks masks the noise of the Aeroplanes from EMA 😉 

I wouldn't fancy living in Wales...Bangor 😊source.gif 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Does the Mrs make you kneel on that plinth to take a piss?

1 hour ago, David said:

If you haven't discovered the squatty potty by your age, I have no words!

What is this potty weirdness? Seriously?

Also, I know you start this thread every year, and I probably make the same reply every year, and of course I'm really sorry for the poor pooch suffering. All the dogs I've known have enjoyed fireworks, but I've made a point of taking them out to show them that these bangs are linked with beautiful lights in the sky, and also make a point of being excited about it. And that seems to rub off and they start to enjoy them too. If they're locked in a room not knowing what these loud bangs are, it seems likely they'll be afraid.

8 minutes ago, David said:

It's all about the angles, having your feet up, bum down makes it an easy slide to the pan.

Science.

Not science, biology and evolution,

What position would you assume if you had to "lay a cable" out in the wild with bears and wolves ready to eat you at any moment?

The squatty potty position of course! The exact position required to empty one self as quickly and efficiently as possible.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not science, biology and evolution,

What position would you assume if you had to "lay a cable" out in the wild with bears and wolves ready to eat you at any moment?

The squatty potty position of course! The exact position required to empty one self as quickly and efficiently as possible.

This really is a thing? More people than @Daviddo it? Are you all having me on?

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This really is a thing? More people than @Daviddo it? Are you all having me on?

Honestly Carl, i took the dog over the fields once and got caught short. Believe me, you want to be down and dirty and up and at 'em as soon as possible. Nowt worse than an angry farmer who catches you "crop spraying" in his field.

3 hours ago, David said:

Feels a bit distasteful given what is going on in the world today, however it is time for my annual topic on fireworks.

It's October 16th.

IMG_3941.jpeg

Fireworks have been banned here since 1982 but more importantly as a OCD plumber, can you please straighten that seat to the right😂

2 hours ago, David said:

Oh come on, this is news to you? Squatty potty is the greatest invention since the light bulb. Can't tell me you Londoners are in the dark?

I can honestly say I was today years old when I first saw and heard about the "squatty potty". And I'd add I'd probably rather still be in the dark! 

11 hours ago, David said:

It's October 16th.

IMG_3941.jpeg

I’m with you ,, ban the poxy things 

Makes you wonder why B&Q don't just stock up on those infant-school-sized-bogs instead of grown-up ones!  🙄

...And what's all this about closing the lid to hide the skid marks?  Even at 5 years old I was taught how to leave a toilet clean!  🙄🙄

Oh... and take that sticker off the toddler-step... that's more unsightly than skid marks!  🙄🙄🙄

Oh yeah... love to the pooch.  😁

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Makes you wonder why B&Q don't just stock up on those infant-school-sized-bogs instead of grown-up ones!  🙄

...And what's all this about closing the lid to hide the skid marks?  Even at 5 years old I was taught how to leave a toilet clean!  🙄🙄

Oh... and take that sticker off the toddler-step... that's more unsightly than skid marks!  🙄🙄🙄

Oh yeah... love to the pooch.  😁

Now hold on Mr Camper, surely you've curled one out in the Forest once or twice, think what position you adopt whilst doing so.