Palestine

Alph

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

It's literally horrific and it makes me very sad to see the West continue to look away. What a world we live in.

It's very sad, but we are even better at looking away in other conflicts...Yemen (although gaining popularity now), Sudan (7 million displaced since April)

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's very sad, but we are even better at looking away in other conflicts...Yemen (although gaining popularity now), Sudan (7 million displaced since April)

Agreed, but it's the fact that this war HAS received so much attention. Easy for Westerners to forget a war in Yemen when it's seldom on their feeds, but this is being watched in real-time.

Also, not a point worth labouring as all wars are grim affairs, but there are already 2 million displaced in Gaza and that after only 90 days of fighting, which far from abating, seems only to be increasingly visceral and disturbing.

30 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Agreed, but it's the fact that this war HAS received so much attention. Easy for Westerners to forget a war in Yemen when it's seldom on their feeds, but this is being watched in real-time.

Also, not a point worth labouring as all wars are grim affairs, but there are already 2 million displaced in Gaza and that after only 90 days of fighting, which far from abating, seems only to be increasingly visceral and disturbing.

Oh definitely agree. My point was more that at least the West is aware of what is going on, even if they aren't doing anything about it. Wars in other regions barely register at all, even with greater numbers of deaths and destruction.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

They're just defending themselves.

Could we blame Wael El Dahdouh if he replaced his heart ache with hatred? If he saw everybody who supported this war as an enemy supporting terrorism on his family? 

How would people feel if he wore a green headband and targeted civilians in the same way his family were targeted. His family was killed in a refugee camp and his son in a targeted drone strike on a car. Would they label him terrorist? I doubt they'd say it's self defence. Palestinians don't get to call violence and murder "defence". One of many rights they don't have. It doesn't matter what's taken from them. They are expected to accept their fate.

But what's Wael El Dahdouh doing? He's back reporting. Again. Imagine Netenyahu and his murderous mob showing that kind of resilience and restraint. 

80+ journalists and approx 23,000 with double that casualties. Total destruction to civilian infrastructure. Imagine if they had a hammer and sickle on their flag. 

3 hours ago, Alph said:

Could we blame Wael El Dahdouh if he replaced his heart ache with hatred?

No, I don't think anyone could.  And, in fact, could we blame anyone in Gaza at this stage?  This was the obvious point from Day 1 of this bombardment.  The support for Hamas is only set to grow because of this relentless murderous assault.  This is going to have a lasting generational effect, the hatred will last for decades and beyond. 

There are members of the Netanyahu government now opening speaking of getting the Palestinians to migrate to other countries 'voluntarily', as a solution to the conflict. So ethnic cleansing then....I guess if that does become the stated Israeli policy, Biden will still have their back.  

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

No, I don't think anyone could.  And, in fact, could we blame anyone in Gaza at this stage?  This was the obvious point from Day 1 of this bombardment.  The support for Hamas is only set to grow because of this relentless murderous assault.  This is going to have a lasting generational effect, the hatred will last for decades and beyond. 

There are members of the Netanyahu government now opening speaking of getting the Palestinians to migrate to other countries 'voluntarily', as a solution to the conflict. So ethnic cleansing then....I guess if that does become the stated Israeli policy, Biden will still have their back.  

America have jokes though. "Palestinians will not be removed from the Gaza strip" - Blinken 

What? There will be nothing there? That's why we allow Israel to continue, no? At the point there's not a chance Palestinians can hope to live the joyous free life they had in Gaza before you will order Israel to stop. Collect humanity points and then say Palestinians are free to go to Areas A, B and C but D, E and F are uninhabitable. Within a decade Areas D, E and F will have Jewish settlers on. 

It's so obvious.

As it was obvious when America said to Israel that they need to be more controlled with their war. 2 days later 200 Palestinians were killed in one morning. Oh, and this was just as they sold Israel more unguided missiles. "Dumb bombs"

Terrorists eh? They hate our way of life and seek to destroy it. Kill civilians. Attack our freedoms. It's a good job we aren't like them. 

Smotrich doesn't even acknowledge Jordan's sovereignty 

IMG_20240109_164655.jpg

Again another voice of reason, this time on the Israeli side, when it would be understandable if he fully supported the IDF. 

I would pay to watch anybody from that racist Talk TV or Sunak or Blinken to sit down with this man and Wael El Dahdouh to explain how this "self defence" and "national security" works. It would be TV gold having someone like James Whale telling this man that he doesn't understand October 7th.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just as we’re going to bed I’ve read that the US and the UK are bombing the fck out of Yemen. 

Thank god for that, they must have been on the verge of invading us. 

Sky etc are thinking thank God we can run with a story where we are under attack by those savages. They were begining to worry they might have to cover the ICCJ case where all the genocidal threats are being heard for the first time by anyone who hasn't looked past Sky News. 

Phew. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just as we’re going to bed I’ve read that the US and the UK are bombing the fck out of Yemen. 

You'll soon find out why...oil prices are going up which = petrol prices, The Houthis who are backed by Iran are attacking ships in the Straights of Hormuz, Iran boarding foreign owned ships.

https://news.sky.com/story/middle-east-crisis-explosions-heard-in-sanaa-as-strikes-launched-against-houthis-linked-targets-13045848  

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

You'll soon find out why...oil prices are going up which = petrol prices, The Houthis who are backed by Iran are attacking ships in the Straights of Hormuz, Iran boarding foreign owned ships.

https://news.sky.com/story/middle-east-crisis-explosions-heard-in-sanaa-as-strikes-launched-against-houthis-linked-targets-13045848  

Its always about oil.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

A slight exaggeration. There were "only" 16 targets and according to some chap on the radio this morning (no idea who) they will all have been targets that have been hit before. 

It's a worrying development but isn't your second comment a tad over the top as well? The Houthi rebels are launching attacks on civilian vessels that were probably going nowhere near Israel and had nothing to do with the ongoing conflict.

After the past few months of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict dominating our news, the US and UK launching direct attacks on Houthi targets seems like noise - but I have a horrible  feeling that this is the next level in the escalation of violence/war

Houthi are backed by Iran and being paid to disrupt Israeli shipping. If we're directly attacking the foes of Israel for them - then we're well and truly in this war 😔

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A slight exaggeration. There were "only" 16 targets and according to some chap on the radio this morning (no idea who) they will all have been targets that have been hit before. 

It's a worrying development but isn't your second comment a tad over the top as well? The Houthi rebels are launching attacks on civilian vessels that were probably going nowhere near Israel and had nothing to do with the ongoing conflict.

You can dress it up however you like Tamworth but to me it seems that we are bombing Yemen to protect commerce/trade whilst allowing the massacre of civilians next door.

Fcked up world mate.