Palestine

Alph

3 hours ago, cstand said:

This, what is racist today post reminds me why I hardly ever read this thread anymore. 

If you disagree with my opinion on this conflict you must be a racist attitude is exactly why no solution will be found any time soon.

Over and out 

Oh dear. Another person in a diva strop with no idea of context or the fact it was a joke aimed at a person who always claims racism. 

Why do people feel the need to tell you they're not talking to you anymore? Wtf? Am I meant to beg you to come back? Please don't leave the thread. The thread needs you.

Nobody has even talked about racism for the majority of the thread and your last Antisemitism post was ignored. The irony here is funny. Man who's angered that people are easily offended is easily offended. 

Bye Mariah. You'll be missed. x

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Iran have played it down so far, presumably for PR purposes to emphasise to their population and the outside world that Israel can't damage them, so it'll be interesting to see if that's an end to the direct tit-for-tat or not.

I expect exchanges of attacks between Israel and Iranian proxies will continue unabated.

Hopefully the damage done isn't too significant, Israel will feel it's proved its point that it can strike Iran whenever and wherever it wishes while Iran won't feel it necessary to launch another retaliatory attack.  That may de-escalate things between the two countries for now.

8 hours ago, Highgate said:

Hopefully the damage done isn't too significant, Israel will feel it's proved its point that it can strike Iran whenever and wherever it wishes while Iran won't feel it necessary to launch another retaliatory attack.  That may de-escalate things between the two countries for now.

Cynical people might surmise that the US doesn't want too much disruption to Iranian oil supplies right now because Russia would fill the gap and benefit financially or prices would soar.

Thats why Israel and Iran are only tickling each other atm.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Cynical people might surmise that the US doesn't want too much disruption to Iranian oil supplies right now because Russia would fill the gap and benefit financially or prices would soar.

Since we're guessing at rationale's, here's mine.

Israel had a conundrum, needed to lash out, were told not to by uncle Sam, seething Bibi claimed they'd do it anyway, then it was reported from within Israel that they wouldn't.  In the end it was a very limited drone attack on military targets in Iran, but launched from within Iran and no big announcements from Israel on the matter. 

It is possible the problem was solved for Israel by CIA or MI6 for instance, using their operatives in Iran, which probably have a higher likelihood of keeping their cover than Mossad agents.  A small enough attack so as not to incite a reprisal from Iran, but striking a blow to Iran's sense of security, as if saying, look we can attack you from within your country anytime we like.

It's a convoluted intricate complicated game being played in those parts, nothing can be certain in endless battles of the sneaky.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

A bigger concern is antagonising China, who are the largest customer for Iran's oil exports.

Russia does very nicely shipping its oil through the Baltic Sea in unseaworthy tankers.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

I've no idea how much of an issue Iranian oil is for the US these days, but I'm sure the current US president wishes the whole Israel/Gaza/Iran problem wouldn't have exploded like it did in an election year. 

Mass graves and bodies with their hands tied? 

Complex. Self defence. Hamas made us do it. Iran made us do it. UN are in on it. UNWRA is Hamas. Peace protesters are Hamas/Russian sponsored. Human Shields. Misfired Hamas rockets. 40 beheaded babies. Er... here's a digital mock up of some tunnels. Proportional response. Holocaust. Disputed land. Ancestors land. 

Phew. That was close

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2024 at 09:49, Alph said:

Mass graves and bodies with their hands tied? 

Complex. Self defence. Hamas made us do it. Iran made us do it. UN are in on it. UNWRA is Hamas. Peace protesters are Hamas/Russian sponsored. Human Shields. Misfired Hamas rockets. 40 beheaded babies. Er... here's a digital mock up of some tunnels. Proportional response. Holocaust. Disputed land. Ancestors land. 

Phew. That was close

stopthewar.jpg.4d44de322734c70d8c97f0b64c06c098.jpg